Last Updated on Oct 27, 2021
Don’t get startled; this article seems long but easy to install macOS Monterey on Windows PC. To accomplish the same, we’ll use VMware and install macOS Monterey on PC. MacOS Monterey is Mac’s 18th Major Update, a year from year, they have enhanced and improved the system, from security to adding new features; we’ve got a vast material to discuss. Though we’ll not be doing that here, instead, I’ll walk you through the easiest way to install macOS Monterey on Windows PC.
Installing macOS Monterey on Mac takes no effort, but since you want to try this immense operating system on Windows PC, it will have some tweaks, but surely you can use it.
How to Download and Install macOS Monterey on Windows PC using VMWARE
Part 1: Get These Files
First and foremost, there are some prerequisites applications that you need to download on the Mac to install macOS Monterey on Windows PC via VMWare.
- Get VMware Workstation Pro or VMware Workstation Player
- Download macOS Unlocker V3 for VMware Workstation
- Download macOS Monterey ISO
Once you’ve downloaded these files in your system, jump to the next section.
Part 2: Install VMware Workstation
I presume all the above-mentioned applications are downloaded into your system. Now primarily, install the VMware Workstation Pro 16 or VMware Workstation Player 16. You don’t need to download and install both applications but install either one. Here we’ll show you VMware Workstation Pro 16 as an example.
- Right-click on the VMware workstation file that you’ve downloaded.
- Extract the zip file.
- Click on the setup file and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the setup.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Click Next, Next, and complete the steps.
- Install and Finish the setup.
Part 3: Unlocking VMware to Install macOS Monterey on Windows
- Close the VMware Workstation completely from the background. Click on File in the top menu bar and select Exit.
- Have you downloaded macOS Unlocker for VMware? If yes, then extract the zip file. Locate win-install.cmd and right-click and select Run as administrator.
- Complete the setup process following the on-screen instructions.
Part 4: Create a New Virtual Machine on VMware
The next step is to create a new virtual machine that will help to install macOS Monterey on Windows PC.
- Launch VMware on your PC.
- Select Create a New Virtual Machine.
- Choose Typical(Recommended). Click Next.
- Select I will install the operating system later and click Next.
- From the guest operating system, go with Apple Mac OS X and choose macOS 11.1.
- Give the virtual machine a name, like MacOS Monterey and set a location, and click Next.
- Now increase the disk size to 124GB and choose Store virtual disk as a single file. Click Next.
- Select Customize Hardware.
- Set the memory size to 8GB and Processor to 4; this will ensure better performance.
- Choose New CD/DVD(SATA) from the menu. Go with use iso image file and Browse.
- Locate and open the macOS Monterey ISO File.
- Lastly, Close and save all the changes and Finish the setup.
Part 5: Edit MacOS Monterey VMX File
Up next is to configure the macOS Monterey VMX File. Earlier, you’ve selected the location; remember, go to that location, MacOS Monterey VMX file will be there. And if you haven’t selected any location, then here’s a default file location.
C:\Users\Bruker\Documents\Virtual Machines\macOS Monterey
- Right-click on the macOS Monterey VMX file and open it in Notepad.
- At the end of the file, add the following code:
- SMC.version = “0”
- Save the notepad file.
Part 6: Starting macOS Monterey Virtual Machine
It’s time to start the MacOS Monterey Virtual Machine.
- Launch VMware and select Power on this virtual machine.
- Choose preferred Language and move forward.
- Select Disk Utility > Continue.
- Select VMware Virtual SATA Hard Drive Media and click Erase.
- Enter a name like macOS Monterey HD > select APFS format and click Erase.
- To close the dialogue box, click Done.
- In the top menu, select Disk Utility and Quit Disk Utility.
- Select Install macOS 12 Beta and Continue.
- Agree with Terms and Conditions.
- Follow on-screen dialogue boxes and choose the available disk.
Your system will restart several times while installing macOS Monterey. Wait for a while until the installation process completes. If you face any error, comment us.
Part 7: Complete Installation Process
Now let’s complete the basic macOS account settings before using the macOS Monterey.
- Choose country and region.
- Check and select Keyboard Layout, or you can customize the keyboard and then click Continue.
- The next screen will ask you to set up Accessibility options which include, Motor, Vision, Hearing, and Cognitive. Complete setup or choose Not Now.
- Select My computer does not connect to the internet.
- Have a look at the Data & Privacy > Continue.
- Select Not Now on the Migration Assistant page.
- Click Setup Later when you’re asked to sign in with Apple ID.
- See Terms & Conditions? Read and Agree to them.
- Enter your Full Name, Account Name, Password, Password Hint, and Continue.
- Enable Siri later; skip this for now.
- Set the theme and continue.
Part 8: Capture Snapshot of VM Machine
The VM Machine Snapshot is very helpful because when the VM faces any issue and something goes out of control, that captured Snapshot of the VM Machine will help you resume the machine from the same point.
- Click on VM in the top menu bar > Snapshot > Take Snapshot.
Those are easy steps that you have to follow step by step. and Enjoy MacOS Monterey on Windows PC or Laptop.