Last Updated on Nov 20, 2020
Apple has adorned the Messages App with dozens of new features, one of them is Pin conversations. Of course, the reason behind pinning threads is, we want to access the conversation as fast as possible, and don’t want to miss any message from that thread. The popular social media app, WhatsApp only lets you pin up to three chats at once, but the latest iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, expands the ability to pin chats up to 9 conversations. Conclusively, if you own iPhone and iPad, then the Messages app will let you pin up to nine threads on the top.
All the pinned chats are arranged horizontally, you’ve to swipe all the way right to access the conversations. No matter, if its a normal SMS Contact or iMessage conversation, its the same and easy process to pin the chats. Learn how to Pin and Unpin Chats in the Messages App of iPhone and iPad.
How to Pin/Unpin iMessage Contacts in iPhone, iPad
Pin Conversations in iPhone, iPad
Thankfully, there are three different ways to pin the chats, try whichever suits you.
Way 1: Pin Chats from Menu
- Open the Messages App on iOS 14/iPadOS 14 updated device.
- Now find the Conversation in Messages App that you want to Pin. we can manage pin and unpin Conversations and Group from All Messages filer only.
- Touch and hold the Chat, and select Pin[contact name].
Way 2: The Easiest One
- Go to the Messages App.
- Then navigate to the iMessage Group or Chat.
- Lastly, swipe left-to-right, doing this will pin the conversation. (See Above Picture)
Way 3: To Pin One or More than One Conversations
- Launch the Messages App on iPhone, iPad.
- From the messages list, look for the Edit on the top-left screen.
- Select Edit Pins.
- Tap the yellow Pin icon next to the iMessage Chat one by one.
How to Unpin iMessage Conversations in iMessage iPhone, iPad
Unpinning Chats won’t be a problem, if you no longer want that thread to appear in the top list, here’s how to unpin iMessage conversation on iOS 14.
- Navigate to the Messages App.
- Then, long-press the Pinned Chat.
- Tap Unpin[name].
- Open the Messages App on iPhone, iPad.
- Tap Edit on the top-left corner.
- Tap minus(-), on the Pinned Chat to unpin it.
You Can Hide Alerts from Pinned Conversations
In case you don’t want any alerts from Pinned Chats in iMessage, then press and hold the chat and select Hide Alerts.
Disable the Alerts for Conversation or Group in Two ways.
That’s easy. Let’s Enjoy the Traditional messages app on iPhone and iPad with the biggest update.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.