Last Updated on Aug 17, 2020
One way or another, you are going to need the document scanner whether to scan documents for yourself or for your kid using Apple Notes app. Convert Scanned Document to PDF File, Exit Using Markup, and Save to Files and Share PDF file. In this tutorial, I’ll be addressing a few steps regarding how to use document scanner on iPhone, how to scan documents on iPhone, iPad, and its related features. Previously we used to go for third-party scanner applications, while some of us are still dependent upon the scanner machine to scan the documents. That time has long gone, if you own iPhone and iPad, then lucky you, scanning documents has made even easier by Apple. We can Scan document without any app like Camscanner, or Other Third-Party apps.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
However, a document scanner can be called a hidden feature of the iPhone, since it is not available in the front end, but using the Notes App, you can absolutely use this functionality. Anytime convert and save the scanned documents on iPhone to PDF, share with anyone from the Notes App, and more. Use these tricks on your latest iPhone models, iPhone 11(Pro Max), iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 8(8 Plus), iPhone 7(7 Plus), iPhone 6S(6S Plus).
How to Scan Documents on iPhone Using Notes App
Apple has pushed the document scanner feature of iPhone, iPad to the Notes app. Plus, you’ll get to use copious editing tools, and options, that will force you to delete the third-party scanner app from iPhone.
- Launch the Notes App on your iPhone, iPad.
- Open the existing Note or create one.
- Now, look for the Camera button where all the options are listed, at the end of the screen. Select Scan Documents.
- Start scanning the documents one by one.
- If the scanner doesn’t work automatically, then tap the Shutter and keep the device steady while scanning papers.
- Follow the same steps until all of your documents are scanned.
- Once you are done scanning all of the documents, tap Save.
- It will show you the total number of documents you’ve scanned to keep track.
How to Markup Scanned Documents on iPhone, iPad
If you are not satisfied with notes written on the Documents, then use iPhone’s default markup tools to make various changes including adding text, signature, enlarging, or highlighting the text or anything. Just go with it, and see how to mark up scanned documents on iPad, iPhone efficiently.
- Open the Note, and select the Document to add a markup.
- On the top-right screen, tap Share
- Choose Markup.
- Now you can add markup using several tools,
- Select the markup tool that is most appropriate for you.
- If you want to change the color for the markup tool, then tap on the coloring Circled button, and set the color.
- Lastly, when you tap Plus (+), you can Add Text, Shapes, Use Magnifier to enlarge certain areas, and also add Signature.
- That’s all with the tools, now it’s up to you how well do you want to decorate the document.
- Tap Done.
How to Save Scanned Document as PDF on iPhone, iPad
Saving scanned documents as PDF on the iPhone is as easy as shooting videos and photos in the Camera App. Initially, we used to convert the documents into PDF, but with the latest update when you save the documents to Files App or any other app, it will automatically convert into PDF, so all you need to do is choose the app and Save the document.
- Go to the Note, where the scanned documents are stored.
- Tap on the scanned document.
- Hit the Share
- Choose where you want to save the document as PDF, in the Files app, or on the third-party app.
- Save the Document as PDF on your iOS device.
How to Share Scanned Document on iPhone, iPad
Sharing documents right from the Notes app is an alternative option if you want to save the Notes into Mail App or share it over any application. Here’s how to share the scanned documents on iOS devices.
- Navigate to the Notes app and open the Note of which the document you would like to share.
- Tap on the Share symbol on the top-right screen.
- Select the app to share the note.
- It will directly convert to PDF, depending upon the application you chose to share over.
How to Delete Scanned Document on iPhone, iPad
If you no longer needed the scanned document, so it’s better to remove it and reduce clutter from the Notes App. Moreover, the Notes app lets you delete the particular document that you may have mistakenly scanned twice. Carefully delete
Premium Support is Free Now
- Open the Note to delete the scanned document.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Delete icon.
- Lastly, tap Delete Scan.