Last Updated on Sep 25, 2020
I believe that you’re in the middle of the ocean with no idea where to go, this situation truly matches after receiving your payment method was declined error, because you may have used the same card on Amazon or to buy groceries from a local store, but now with iPhone, it isn’t working. It’s hard to evaluate and come to decision, in these cases, where we neither blame the bank nor the Apple. If you are the one with the same error, we will help resolve it, as early as possible by guiding in the right direction.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Unless it gets fixed, you cannot buy the Tracks from Apple Music nor any Applications from the App Store. It’s better to read the article and get rid of the error before you miss out on the ongoing deal with a huge discount.
Your Payment Method Was Declined Error on iPhone
Update Software on Your iPhone
Before taking any hard step I would highly recommend you to check for the updates and make sure to update to the latest software available for it. Usually, updating the device resolves dozens of issues and software bugs without troubleshooting them.
- Connect the iPhone to the Wi-Fi, and follow the steps.
- Go to the Settings App.
- Tap on General.
- Then, choose Software Update.
- If any software update is pending, the iPhone will automatically show a pop-up, regarding the same.
- Download and install the update if available.
Restart Your iPhone
It’s good if you’ve updated the iPhone, and I assume the iPhone is rebooted while updating the software. But for those, who are already using the latest software, and couldn’t get the update, do force a reboot. It closes all the background processes for once and completely refreshes the iPhone.
For iPhone 8 or later,
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until you encounter the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 7 and 7Plus,
- Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down button and release it when the Apple logo displays on the screen.
For iPhone 6S or earlier,
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Change/Update Payment Information
Incorrect or incomplete saved payment information on the iPhone won’t complete the payment no matter what product you’re buying. Sometimes, there’s an issue from the Bankside, like they may have blocked your card due to inactivity or it can also be possible you have blocked your card and forgot to unblock it.
If that’s the case, the iPhone won’t complete the payment. Besides, if everything is set up, you don’t see any errors from your side, with the saved payment information, then update or change the payment information on the iPhone. On the other hand, you could also remove and re-add the same card and see if that works.
- Launch the Settings App.
- Tap on your name.
- Select Payment & Shipping. Enter the Apple ID password to sign in when asked.
- If you’ve added more than one card in the Apple ID, then Apple will charge you in the sequence the saved cards are listed.
- First, it will give priority to the Apple Account Balance, then the immediate next payment method will be used, and so on.
- Notably, the Apple Account Balance always stays on the top, so don’t try to move the Apple Account from the first position.
- Now, you should check the payment method just below the Apple Account Balance, is it working? Because of the Apple Account Balance is 0, Apple will deduct the amount from that payment method.
- To Add New Payment Method, tap on Add Payment Method on the lower part of the screen.
- Select the Payment Method that you wish to Update the Payment Method, and edit the details. You might need to edit the card details from the Wallet App if you see the Apple Pay right after the 4-digits card number.
- To Delete the Payment Method, hit the Edit button on the upper-right corner, and Delete it.
- While you can also reorder the Payment Methods, tap on the Edit, and use the three grey colored lines to rearrange.
What You Should do when iPhone shows Payment Declined Error Message?
Well, to be honest, it’s kind of frustrating while making the purchase of our favorite game or app, and in the end, the iPhone throws the payment declined error for no reason.
However, you should head over to the Apple support about the same, but before doing that make sure you’re on the safe side, meaning, the payment method that was used is active, and all details are correct.
Recheck Card Details, Card details you add are very crucial and need to be specified correctly while adding the Payment Method on the iPhone. Card Number, Expiration Date, Security Code, Phone Number, Billing Address, and other required information should match with the Card, and make sure the billing address including the Zip Code is the same as you’ve given to the bank.
Verify the Name printed on the Card is the same as you’ve entered in the Payment Method.
Check for the transaction limits, issued by the Bank or by you.
Make Sure International Payments are allowed for your Card, for that, you can reach to the Bank and confirm from their side.
Contact the Card issuer and fetch the details why your payment method was declined in App Store or iPhone. They’ve keen eyes on your credit card, how do you use, and where do you use.
Is the same Card working in local stores or any other online store like Amazon, or it is showing error only while using in iPhone? Do verify that too.
The Apple ID Region must match with the region of your payment method (card). If you’ve issued the Card from the United States, then the Apple ID Region must be set to the United States. Visit the Settings app > tap on your name > iTunes & App Store > tap on the Apple ID > View Apple ID > Sign In if asked > Country/Region.
Premium Support is Free Now
If you’re impatient and can’t wait until the problem resolves, add the alternate payment method and use it to buy what you’re looking for.
To add new payment method, Settings app > tap on your name > Payment & Shipping > Add New Payment Method.