You might be familiar about the iOS Personal Hotspot; it is a useful internet-sharing feature to share cellular/ mobile data from one Smartphone to other devices; for example, you can share the internet connection with the personal hotspot on iPhone with other Smartphone, Wi-Fi+ cellular iPad, and Wi-Fi built-in Mac/Computer, etc. On Apple iPhone, you can share the internet (Cellular data) with the help of three alternatives ways such as through Wi-Fi, using USB and third is via Bluetooth.
To start up Personal Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot along with a smooth way, then you should have the latest iOS (firmware) devices.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Required activate Cellular data Plan; otherwise, you will have to pay from your talk time plan. Different carrier companies (Verizon, at&t, t mobile, and Sprint) takes charges as per data usage. Some Carrier is not providing a Personal hotspot option if PH is excluded from the plan. Don’t miss this Wi-Fi range booster routers for all time useful.
Turn-ON/ Set Up Personal Hotspot on iPhone
- Step 1. Launch Settings App.
- Step 2. Tap on Cellular then Turns Switch next to the Cellular Data ON. So instantly, you on that screen you will get Personal Hotspot settings. So Tap on it as per given below give screen.
- Step 3. Now Turn Personal Hotspot ON, You’ll be prompted – Turn On Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and USB only.
Choose one and go next.
- Now you will have to give your Personal Hotspot Wi-Fi Password to others and get started to use the internet on different devices.
- If you ever want to change your Personal Hotspot Wi-Fi Password, then you can do that just.
- When you connect a device to share an internet connection, then you can see a blue color on the iPhone status bar.
Note: In this step, WiFi must be enabled while we want to share data using personal hotspot. Otherwise, you will get below popup on your iPhone screen, Select WiFi only. As an alternative option, you can share a personal hotspot from your iPhone to Other devices using Bluetooth and USB cable. See the below image,
Step 1. Plug your iPhone into your Computer or MacBook Pro/Air.
Step 2. Choose iPhone from the list of the network services in your Settings.
Get a solution when Personal Hotspot Missing on your iPhone.
You seem that the iOS 11 personal Hotspot settings greyed out, then please make sure that Cellular Data toggle is turned ON. If it’s off, turn it on and check out individual hotspot settings. It doesn’t work then you should restart your iPhone.
If you have any FAQs or any error while you use Personal Hotspot on iPhone and iOS 11 or later devices then feel free and drop that in the bottom comment box. We appreciate your feedback; will reply to you fast as soon as possible. Thanks for reading us. You find us on the FaceBook page as well as follow us on Twitter.
Jaysukh Patel is the founder of howtoisolve. Also self Professional Developer, Techno lover mainly for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and iOS, Jaysukh is one of responsible person in his family.
Contact On: [email protected] [OR] [email protected]