Last Updated on Mar 15, 2022
Apple introduced several privacy features with iOS releases, all of them are concerned with users’ privacy, security, and safety. For detailed information, visit our article on the iOS 14 Privacy Features that shield your iPhone and iPad. One of them is regarding your photos and Photos app. Previously, we were only given a choice to select whether do you want Snapchat to access the Photos app or not, but now with iOS, Apple has expanded this feature, by adding one more option. Due to that implementation, several folks have reported that Snapchat keeps showing, “Snapchat would like to access your photos”, every time while using the app for Post new Photos from iPhone Camera Roll or Photos app.
These tutorial stats, two solutions to get rid of Snapchat would like to access your photos on iPhone Popup error. Keep note that, the below steps, are applicable for all the applications, so if you’re dealing with this problem with Instagram App or Twitter, or with any other app, use the same steps to resolve the permission errors. Here’s how it can be done on your iPhone 11(Pro Max), iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 8(8 Plus), iPhone 7(7 Plus), iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 5S.
Snapchat Would Like to Access Your Photos on iPhone Error Fixed
Note: When you choose the photos, other details associated with the photos such as metadata, location, and depth information will be accessed and used by the application.
Allow Permission to Access to All Photos for Snapchat App
We all are familiar with this option, to prevent the Snapchat permission pop-up, use these steps to give access to all the photos app.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad. Now, Scroll to Privacy settings.
- Find the Photos settings > See List of Apps and Scroll down, Tap on Snapchat.
- Here you will see three options, 1. Selected Photos, 2. All Photos, 3. None. If you don’t want to see this popup while browse photos for Post in-app from your iPhone Photos app, You have to select All Photos options. That means to allow all photos access for the snapchat app just like earlier iOS.
- Alternate Steps are in below,
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad.
- Scroll down to the Snapchat app, tap on it.
- Tap Photos.
- Under ALLOW PHOTOS ACCESS, choose All Photos.
If you have decided to allow access selected Photos then follow the below steps,
Allow Access to Only Selected Photos to Snapchat App
Earlier, I was talking about this, with iOS 14 or later, you can solely give permission to certain photos to access from the Snapchat app. By doing this, you can access only the photos that you’ve allowed, no other photos can be used with the Snapchat app unless you add them to Selected Photos.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap Privacy.
- Then, choose the Photos app.
- Find and go to the Snapchat app.
- Tap Selected Photos.
- Now, its time to make a selection of the photos that you would want to access from the Snapchat app.
- In the end, if you changed your mind or want to add more photos, then tap Edit Selected Photos, from there remove or add photos.
All the above-mentioned walkthrough are conveyed in our video tutorial that you can get on our youtube channel using this link (click on me to get the video)
Hope you enjoying your Snapchat app just like before, Don’t miss to share about this Privacy feature is useful or Useless for you in the comment box.