Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Today in this post we will show you how to type Bold, Italic, Strikethrough in WhatsApp app and WhatsApp Status on iPhone. Text formatting feature in WhatsApp brings many advantages mostly to professionals. Like if you want to promote your product, then you can Bold the product name and its cost, etc. If you want to write an eye-catching message to influence your audience, then text formatting is very useful.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Moreover, WhatsApp status also supports text formatting. The procedure is almost same to type message or status in Bold or Italic or Strikethrough form. We have mentioned two ways that will help you to type Bold, Italic, Strikethrough in WhatsApp app and WhatsApp Status on iPhone.
This Trick works for all iPhone models iPhone 12 Pro/Max/Mini, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone SE.
(2019) Update: Type Bold, Italic, Strikethrough in WhatsApp Messages and WhatsApp Status
Way 1: Apply Bold/Italic/Strikethrough Formatting in WhatsApp Message
- Step #1: Unlock your iPhone and launch “WhatsApp” app in it.
- Step #2: Open up any conversation or start a new one.
- Step #3: Type a message that you would like to send.
- Step #4: Now to bring “Select” or “Select All” options, tap and hold on the text that you have typed.
- Step #5: Next, tap “BIU”.
- Step #6: Select from Bold, Italic, Monospace or Strikethrough.
- Step #7: Tap on Send arrow to send the message.
Way 2: Shortcode for giving Text Style in WhatsApp Message: Bold/Italic/Strikethrough
The shortcut way to type Bold, Italic, Strikethrough in WhatsApp app and WhatsApp Status on iPhone. We will use shortcodes to do,
- To make text Bold, you will need to type message like this: *text*
- For Italic text, type like this: _text_
- And for Strikethrough: ~text~
How to type Bold, Italic, Strikethrough in WhatsApp Status on iPhone
Likewise, if you wish to add WhatsApp status by doing text formatting, yes you can do by the same procedure. Let’s see how to type Bold, Italic, Strikethrough in WhatsApp app status.
- Step #1: Launch the “WhatsApp” app. Tap on Status Tab, Tap on Pencil icon, and Type that we share in status like this,
- Step #2: Type Status you would like to upload.
- Step #3: Select the text to make it Bold, Italic, Strikethrough or Monospace.
- Step #4: After selecting text, tap “BIU”.
That’s it! Now you can perform text formatting on WhatsApp status too.
Note: The above-listed shortcodes for text formatting is also applicable for WhatsApp status. Share your Feedback and Comment if you have any query on a post or share Bold, Italic, Strikethrough in WhatsApp Message and WhatsApp Status on your iPhone