Last Updated on Sep 15, 2022
This is a tutorial on why my Apple Watch doesn’t show incoming calls on the screen, and Apple Watch won’t receive incoming call screens but getting iPhone screens only, while After updating watchOS or Every time we wear apple watch on wrist first time. For security reasons, this default setting is good for Apple watch owners. The cause of the Apple Watch isn’t showing incoming calls after removing the apple watch from the wrist.
Also, mind that the Apple watch only sounds incoming call ringtones, not wake up the screen. To see the call, you need to raise your wrist.
Two Methods for Apple Watch doesn’t show incoming calls sometime
Compatible Watch Model or WatchOS: Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch Series 5, Series 4, Series 3, and Apple Watch running on watchOS 9, WatchOS 8, or WatchOS 7 and Earlier.
In short, if Apple watch screen locked, you can’t get the incoming call to watch.
Set these settings on your Apple Watch or iPhone
- On your iPhone, Watch App go to the My Watch (Tab) > General > Wrist Detection (Enable or turn on)
- On your iPhone, Watch App go to the My Watch > Passcode > Turn Passcode On.
- On the same screen on iPhone, also enable Unlock with iPhone. [This setting we can’t change on Apple watch, we can do it on the iPhone Watch app]
This setting will auto-enable Passcode and activate while Apple Watch not on your wrist. And Auto disable Passcode while you unlock iPhone (iPhone X (Face ID unlock), iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S, iPhone 5S (Touch ID unlock)).
Passcode is not important and useless for you: Disable Passcode
- On your Apple watch, Go to Settings > Passcode > Turn Passcode Off.
- Disable Passcode from your Apple Watch or iPhone’s Watch app. Open Watch App on iPhone > My Watch > Passcode > Turn Passcode Off.
Using this option, you can get the incoming call anytime. Your Apple Watch is either on Wrist or not on the wrist.
Still, are you getting the problem on incoming call problems like screen freeze, Hanging, Above settings are not affecting then try to reset or hard reset apple watch or Hard Reboot or restart Apple Watch?
Share your problem with us on comment or Apple watch won’t work with the incoming call.