Last Updated on
iPhone’s/iPad’s Home Screenplays a significant role for us, unlike, Android phones, iPhone doesn’t have any separate App Drawer or Home Screen, all we have is Home Screen, which stores the Applications, Widgets, sometimes Notifications, etc. Often times, it is really annoying finding the applications from the home screen, due to the whole load of apps stored on the home screen, does that happens with you? Thankfully, iOS 14 introduces a unique update for the home screen, called App Library. Somewhat, App Library looks like an App Drawer that comprises an array of applications. Here’s the detailed article: What is App Library and how to use it?
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
I presume you’ve learned basics of App Library and how does it work, so now, here comes another question, where the iPhone keeps the recently downloaded apps? Well, you don’t have to worry about that, the iOS 14 lets you enable new app downloads to add on home screen or app library on iPhone, iPad in iOS 14. There are two options available: Add to Home Screen and App Library Only. We all have certain apps with high priority and already installed on the iPhone. What you can do is, set the option Add Library Only, to avoid cluttering the Home Screen. Selecting App Library Only will preserve the home screen from unused apps.
Enable New App Downloads to Add on Home Screen or App Library on iPhone, iPad in iOS 14
It should be noted that these changes are applicable from the time you do it, it won’t affect the apps that you’ve downloaded earlier.
- Navigate to the Settings app on iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap Home Screen.
- There you’ll see, Add to Home Screen and App Library Only.
- When you choose:
- Add to Home Screen: This option will add the newly downloaded apps to the Home Screen as well as in App Library.
- App Library Only: This option will only add the apps to the App Library Only, not on the Home Screen.
- Choose the desired one.
Hide/Show Notification Badge with Numbers in App Library Screen
We can customize the app library screen with a custom notification badge screen, here we can enable or Disable Notification badge on the iPhone/iPad app library.
- Open Setings app on iPhone/iPad.
- Next, Tap on the Home screen.
- Now, the last toggle option is Show in App library, We can disable and Enable this toggle to hide or show notification badge on the App library screen of Home screen on iPhone/iPad.
- Hide Notification Badge on App Library Screen.
- Show Notification Badge on App Library Screen.
- That’s it.
That’s it. From now on, the applications will appear as per the above settings you’ve chosen.