Setup Parental Control on Mac that restrict to use apps from another User login type, Nowadays hundreds of security software on hiding or disable use of selected app installed on mac possible. But here is the solution about how to do without third-party security software that means apply restriction on use installed Mac apps for a particular account under the admin restriction.
Running on your administrator login but not able to open or access selected apps. Parental control on Mac covers solution on that very well. follow the below instruction on your mac and disable some app access on another account perfect way.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Steps for turn/ apply restriction on use installed Mac Apps on another Account
Most of the case folk doing for as guest users and child for security reason, Because of some apps like YouTube, Selected Browser, Games Centre, FaceTime, Player and other this party software, Password manager and more.
Apply on apps restriction, you have guest login (That you can create a new User Login from Admin account on Mac, from the System preference > Users and Groups) if you have already guest login that moves for the next step directly.
- On Your Guest Mac Login, Go to the Apple Menu from Top menu bar.
- Next, Click on System preference.
- Then Go for the parental control setting. Unlock for change Settings.
- Step 4: From the right pane, Click on create user login name > Apps (First tab)
- Step 5: Enable “Limit Applications”.
- Step 6: uncheck apps that those you don’t give permission for access on selected account.
Apply Same Settings for another different Account in a single click
In case you have multiple accounts in your Mac device and want apple same restriction on another login also. Moreover for separate login setting might be different on some we’re that you can only change those setting manually later on.
- From the right pane select first user where you made changes, then from the bottom click on Setting > Copy All settings from first users
- Now select target login name and move to Settings icon > Paste all settings that copied from the first user.
very simple job for apply restriction on use installed Mac apps from your iMac, MacBook, MacMini, MacBook Pro, MacBook air running on Lateset MacOS. And more apply the same setting to another account.
Jaysukh Patel is the founder of howtoisolve. Also self Professional Developer, Techno lover mainly for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and iOS, Jaysukh is one of responsible person in his family.
Contact On: [email protected] [OR] [email protected]