Last Updated on Jan 8, 2022
In this Digital Era of Netflix, no one wants to watch movies and shows in the old cassettes or recorders, when you can tap and access hundreds of thousands of titles right on the mobile screen and on the laptops. I presume you don’t want to turn back those DVDs after watching the 4K titles on the Netflix app. Previously, we don’t have that Ultra 4K technology in smart TVs, Displays, and of course in mobile, but with all that changes, Netflix has also taken one step forward and added the Ultra HD 4K and HD Quality content, though you have to pay a little more to watch high-quality shows on Netflix.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Another downside of watching titles in HD is they consume more data, generally, people don’t prefer to watch Netflix over Cellular Data, as it can really eat up your monthly data in a single day. However, if you are the one looking to adjust video quality on Netflix, then you’ve come to the right place. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to check Netflix’s resolution on iPhone, Android, TV, and Change Resolution to HD or 4K ultra.
How to Change Video Quality on Netflix on Any Devices
Why isn’t my Netflix in HD?
Like all other services, Netflix is all about money, the more you spend the better you get. Not all the Netflix Plan offers HD or Ultra HD Streaming. But if your Netflix Plan and Internet speed are sufficient, Netflix will play the movies and shows in HD itself. Currently, only the 2 and 4 screen plans support HD or higher video quality, if you have subscribed to a single-screen SD screen, then I’m afraid you won’t get to enjoy the Netflix titles in HD. So, Enjoy Netflix Movies, TV Series in HD Quality by changing the Video Quality from Netflix Player settings on any device.
Netflix Ultra HD 4K Not Working?
First of all, make sure your Netflix Plan supports Ultra HD 4K. Plus, to watch Netflix titles in 4K a stable internet connection is much needed. Still, if you can’t view Netflix in Ultra HD 4K, then download and Install the HEVC Video Extension from the Microsoft Store, only for the Windows PC.
Then, try to use Netflix in 4K and see if it works. Alternatively, submit a report to Netflix about your issue, let your money go for nothing.
How to Change the Video Quality on Netflix PC, TV, Mac
The Netflix Video Quality can be adjusted to your preference. Keep note that the higher the video quality more the data consumption, so don’t play high video quality on Cellular Data, always watch on Wi-Fi.
- Log in to your Netflix profile.
- Make sure to choose the correct profile before making changes.
- Hover the mouse towards your profile icon, on the top-right corner.
- Click Account.
- Find the Profile & Parental Controls
- Select the profile to make changes.
- Find the Playback settings and click Change.
- From there you can switch the playback quality of Netflix videos.
Furthermore, from the same window, a few settings like auto-play next episode, and Autoplay previews, that can be managed to your preferences. So it’s better to explore what changes can be made there and see if they benefit you.
Usually, both the Autoplay menu are enabled by default, as most of the Netflix users still prefer Autoplay previews and auto-play the next episode. However, if you don’t want anyone of them, then uncheck and Save changes.
How to Change the Video Quality on Netflix iPhone, Android
Now that you’ve changed the playback quality on Netflix PC, it’s time to take a look at the Netflix Mobile app to save cellular data while watching the Netflix titles on the way.
- Launch the Netflix App on your phone.
- Tap More tab.
- Select App Settings.
- Tap on the very first option, Cellular Data Usage.
- By default, it may be set to Automatic, which means, depending upon the internet speed it will show you Netflix titles, and won’t save cellular data.
- You can switch back to whatever the option you prefer to go with.
- On choosing Wi-Fi, you won’t be able to play Netflix over Cellular Data.
- On choosing Save Data, Netflix will reduce data usage by showing average quality content.
- On choosing Maximum Data, it may take you to 4K quality, which obviously depends upon your Netflix subscription, but won’t save any data. So I’d definitely not recommend this option.
The above settings are useful for all devices, if you found something different way to change the Video resolution of Netflix video on your device, then share in the comment section below.