Table of Contents Show
- How to Remove a Gmail Account From iPhone and iPad
- What Happens When You Remove a Gmail Account?
- What Is The Difference Between Remove And Delete Gmail Account?
- How to Sign Out of Gmail on iPhone
- How To Remove Gmail Account From Safari App
- Removing Your Gmail Account Remotely
- How To Set The Mail App To Delete Gmail On iPhone Instead Of Archive
- Removing Your Gmail Account From Your Android Device
- Bottom Line
Informationation loaded on Gmail is quite common – and you usually need to simplify things to achieve peace of mind. Deleting the Google Account on iPhone can work for you. But it’s momentous to know what the possible cause of it is.
For beginners, deleting the Gmail account on an iPhone is the same as removing it. Simply removing the account, and all the associated information can be restored. However, it’s completely different. In the article below, let’s clear it out and learn the process of deleting a Gmail account.
How to Remove a Gmail Account From iPhone and iPad
Undoubtedly, having multiple Gmail accounts on iPhone or any other device is tough. So if there is any useless Gmail Account, here is how you delete it.
What Happens When You Remove a Gmail Account?
Definitely, things work differently when we talk about removing the Gmail Account on iPhone. If you clear out the account the iPhone’s settings, you won’t be allowed access of Google Data(Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Notes) associated with a particular email. At the same time, when you sign out Gmail Account from Google Apps, you will be logged out from All Google Apps on iPhone.
What Is The Difference Between Remove And Delete Gmail Account?
Deleting an account can result in deleting the information served on the Google Server, which can’t be restored. However, removing the account clears out information associated with the phone and can be recovered when signing in with the same credentials.
Things You Should Know When Deleting a Gmail Account From an iPhone…
- You will forfeit the content and data stored in the Account. Just like emails, calendars, files, and photos.
- You are disallowed to use Google Services sign-in with the same account. Unlike Play, Calendar, Gmail, or Drive.
- You will lose the subscriber you have bought the account.
This will delete the Gmail account from your iPhone. Plus, you can also sign out of the Gmail account, rather than deleting the entire account from iPhone.
- Open Settings app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and tap Mail.
- Click on Accounts, and select a Gmail account you want to delete.
- Tap Delete Account. So A prompt will appear with a message, “Deleting this account will remove its calendar and contacts from your iPhone.”
- Tap Delete from My iPhone.
Mostly a helpful solution users utilize when Gmail not working on iPhones, or iPad Properly.
How to Sign Out of Gmail on iPhone
Signing Out of the Gmail account on the iPhone will also remove, the access of the Gmail from the apps. It’s a good option if you are looking to delete the personal information from the entire phone.
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap on your Profile photo, on the upper-right side, next to the search bar.
- In the end, select Manage accounts on this device.
- Lastly, tap Remove from this device.
How To Remove Gmail Account From Safari App
Fret not; removing the Gmail Account from Safari App is relatively easy to perform. However, if you have yet to try it, follow the steps below.
- Open the Safari App on your iPhone. And then navigate Gmail Account.
- Hover the mouse and click on the Menu Icon from the top right corner.
- Select Account. This will navigate you to Google My Account Page.
- Choose “Data & Personalization.”
- Swipe down and select Delete Service Or Your Account. To backup, first, click on Download Your Data.
Click Delete A Service. For further confirmation, enter the Password and choose Next.
Removing Your Gmail Account Remotely
If you don’t have a gadget in hand and want to remove the Gmail account, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to My Account Page.
- Select Device And Notification.
- Below from there, click on Recently Used Devices.
- From the list, select the device you want to remove the Gmail Account.
- From the next screen, click on the Remove Button beside Account Access.
That’s how you can remotely remove a Gmail account on any device.
How To Set The Mail App To Delete Gmail On iPhone Instead Of Archive
Are you noticing the archive option while deleting Gmail messages on your iPhone? But don’t know how to get rid of it since the settings are buried inside the iPhone Mail settings. So please go through the below-mentioned steps and get rid of it.
Keep note these steps are only for users who use Gmail through Apple mail. If you are using Gmail iOS App, you can do it from the Gmail App. Go to Gmail App, and select Three Vertical at the left top of the screen. Next, choose Setting from the drop-down. Lastly, tap on the Mail Action option.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Search and select Mail.
- Choose Accounts and then select Gmail.
- Tap on Account.
- Hit on Advanced Button.
From the Advanced Screen, deselect Archive Mail and select Deleted Mailbox.
Removing Your Gmail Account From Your Android Device
When you remove the Gmail Account on the Android device using the identical way, the account data still exists, and you can reconnect it using the same credential.
Note: The steps to remove your Gmail Account from your Android Device varies from device.
- On your device, navigate to Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Choose the Gmail Account.
- Hit Remove Account.
- For further confirmation, tap on Remove Account.
That’s It, Folks! This is how you can delete the Gmail Account on your iPhone. If you liked this how-to guide, drop a thumbs up in the below comment box.
To remove a Gmail account on an iOS device, navigate to Settings. Next, choose Mails and then select Accounts. Next, hit on your corresponding Gmail Account, and from the next screen, tap on Delete Account. If you want to delete all emails, please follow our guide on How To Delete All Emails On iOS And iPadOS.
If you are using Gmail through Apple Mail, navigate to email clients and select Accounts. Then, click on the preferable Gmail Account and delete it.
On an iOS or iPadOS device, access the Gmail App and tap on the Profile Icon. Next, select Manage Account On This Device. Up next, tap on Remove This Device. Similarly, for Android OS devices, open the Gmail App, and select the Profile Icon. Tap Manage Account On This Device, and lastly, choose Remove Account. That’s It!