Create a Unique and Random Address “@privaterelay.appleid.com” With macOS Monterey and iOS 15 Using Hide My Email. also, We can stop receiving emails with the options Deactivate or Delete Random address under Hide my Email. Apple has revealed an iCloud+ Subscription service that includes privacy features such as HomeKit Secure Video support, Hide my Email, iCloud Private Relay, and of course, 50GB iCloud Storage. All these programs are clubbed to the iCloud+ subscription. Nevertheless, the iCloud+ is included with the current existing iCloud Plans without zero additional charges. Now back to the title, what is Hide my Email? and How to Turn on for Sign up Third-Party App, Service on the internet. Usually, while filling out web forms or entering our personal email ID in some promotional event, feels insecure. That’s where the Hide my Email comes into the picture.
With Hide my Email, you can create a random email address on iPhone and Mac that will redirect or Forward the emails to your personal Apple Mail Inbox. By this, you won’t have to reveal your original personal Apple ID to an unknown person or while filling forms on the web. You can create multiple random email addresses on iPhone and Mac, and anytime they can be removed from the device.
How to Create Random Email Address and Setup Hide My Email in iPhone, Mac
How much is iCloud+?
Before you go, I want to clarify that to use the Hide My Email on iPhone and Mac; you would need an iCloud+ subscription. iCloud+ subscription and its features come with the existing iCloud subscription plan. Though these are the points, you should be aware of,
- $0.99/mo: One HomeKit Secure Video Camera and 50GB Storage
- $2.99/mo: Up to Five HomeKit Secure Video Camera and 200GB Storage
- $9.99/mo: Unlimited HomeKit Secure Video Camera and 2TB Storage
You can upgrade to iCloud+: go to the Settings app > tap on your name > iCloud > Private Relay and upgrade the iCloud plan.
How to Setup Hide My Email in macOS Monterey
- Click on the Apple icon.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click on the Apple ID option.
- From the sidebar, select iCloud.
- Now at the top, you should see Hide my email, click on Options.. next to Hide my email.
- Read Apple’s Instructions, and about the feature, it will appear if you’re setting up Hide My Email for the first time. or You may enter your Apple ID login password to verify.
- Now, when Hide my email screen appears, click on Set up under Keep your email safe and secure with ‘Hide my email.’ Click on “+” Sign to Create a New one.
- Create New Address; Apple will auto-generate the email address; if you are satisfied with it, then click Continue or select Use Different Address.
- You can even add the Label to distinguish this address from others, like the purpose of using this address.
- Plus, a Note can be added, which is optional.
- Lastly, click Done.
Next, How to Setup on your iPhone and iPad device to install the Latest iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 or later. Also, can I Edit or Change the Random address Under Hide my Email after Created or During Creation? How to edit or Stop Forwarding means Deactivate a Custom email?
Fix Hide My Email Not Working on Monterey
Are you getting the error message “Not Available-Please Try Again later” while clicking on “Options” to hide My email settings under the System Preferences? Follow the below troubleshooting and get fixed your issue.
- Sign out and Sign in your Apple ID on Mac: Go to the Apple Logo from top Mac menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > Overview > Sign Out. and Sign in again with Same apple ID that’s activated iCloud+ Plan.
- Force close system Preferences and Re-Open.
- Restart your Mac.
- Try in Put your Mac in Safe Mode, or Turn off VPN if installed and Enabled.
Still not working then,
what to do if hide my email not working in Monterey when you set it up time error? To fix this issue, Clean Install macOS Monterey – After Take your Mac Backup in Time Machine, is an ideal suggestion from us.
How to Setup Hide My Email in iOS 15
- Open the Settings app on iPhone.
- Tap on your profile name.
- Select iCloud.
- Select Hide my email. Tap Create New Address.
- iCloud will auto-generate a random email address for you; tap Continue to use the same or to create a random email address by yourself; tap Use Different Address.
- Up next, you can give a name to the email address, like if I want to use it for promotional offers, then I’d rename it as a Promotional Event.
- Also, adding a Note helps; however, it is optional.
- Tap Done.
How to Delete/Deactivate Hide my Email from iPhone and Mac?
How can i Deactivate or Delete Random Address on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on your name.
- Go to iCloud.
- Select Hide My Email.
- Select the random email address you want to delete.
- Tap Deactivate Email Address.
- To Delete random email created under Hiding my email, See the Inactive Addresses option under Hide my email.
- And see list of all Inactive or Deactivated Address, Tap on it > See Reactivate Address or Delete Address option.
- That’s it.
How can i deactivate or Delete Random Address on Mac:
- Click on the Apple icon.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click on Apple ID.
- Select iCloud from the sidebar.
- Click the Options button next to Hide my email.
- Click on the email address to deactivate and Turn it off.
- That’s it. Now, you can deactivate this email address to stop receiving messages sent to it. Once you Deactivate the Email Address, the Reactivation option is available under the Inactive Address option Just under the Hide my Email options.
- Click on the Inactive Address: Options and see the list of all Deactivated Emails.
- Select the Email and Choose Reactivate Address or Delete Address completely. Delete Address is not Recoverable or You have to Enter this custom Address when creating a new Random email based on availability.
Hope this article helps you to set up Hide My Email on Mac or iPhone. Also Shows an option to manage the Random Email created for Third-Party internet services and Webform. Also, this service is synced with your Apple ID account, so that’s can be accessible on all apple device that’s signed in with the same apple id.