Last Updated on Oct 13, 2021
Snapchat Dark Mode is limited to only some iPhone users, while Android folks have not got any chance to try the Dark Mode in Snapchat. Nevertheless, this tutorial will show you how to get Dark Mode on Snapchat without App Appearance on iPhone and Android devices. Most apps support Dark Mode, letting users use the app in dark mode and save battery, instead of a brighter screen that could eat battery and strain your eyes after prolonged usage.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
We’ll show you how to enable Smart Invert/Color Inversion to switch Dark Mode in Snapchat. It is located in Accessibility. Smart Invert turns the brighter colors into the dark, except the dark images, videos, and other dark elements of the phone.
How to Enable Snapchat Dark Mode without App Appearance
Why Use Smart Invert/Color Inversion?
Smart Invert or Color Inversion is an Accessibility feature available on iPhone and Android devices. When Smart Invert/Color Inversion is enabled, it automatically inverts the color preventing the elements that are already dark in nature. This feature is made for people with disabilities who can’t see properly; however, we can use it to invert the colors of any app.
Why should you use Smart Invert? Because there are some apps that are far brighter, and due to that, the default dark mode doesn’t work as we wanted. While the Smart Invert keeps the light low.
How to Enable Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone?
As I mentioned, the Smart Invert is a part of the Accessibility feature. However, if you haven’t got the Appearance option in Snapchat, this is the best way to use Dark Mode in Snapchat.
- Open Settings app on iPhone.
- Scroll and tap Accessibility.
- Select Display & Text Size.
- Swipe down and look for Smart Invert.
Add Smart Invert Shortcut in iPhone
Tweaking the Smart Invert settings in iPhone can be made easier if you use the Accessibility Shortcuts of the iPhone. Unfortunately, though, Accessibility Shortcuts are available for iPhone 8 or later running iOS 14 or later software.
Double-Triple Click Home/Side Button:
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone.
- Go to Accessibility.
- Swipe and tap on Accessibility Shortcut.
- From the list of available options, tap on Smart Invert.
- Tap Back and exit the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Settings app on iPhone.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Select Touch.
- Go to Back Tap.
- You will have an option to activate and deactivate the Smart Invert via Double-Tap and Triple-Tap, select the option accordingly and set it up.
How to Enable Snapchat Dark Mode on Android?
You can force dark mode in the Snapchat app on any compatible Android phone using the Color Inversion settings. Here’s how to force dark mode for Snapchat App on Android phones.
From Settings App:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to System.
- Tap Accessibility. Alternatively, you can search for Color Inversion and enable it.
- Turn On Color Inversion.
From Notifications Bar,
- Bring down the Notifications pane on the screen.
- Find the Invert Colors option. If it is not there, then tap on the Edit button and add the Invert Colors option.
- Once it is added, tap on the Invert Colors to use Dark Mode in Snapchat.