Last Updated on Aug 14, 2021
Know the important customizations on Manage Notification on Mac to Look, Feel, Group by App or name, Shorting, Banner Style or Show notification style on the Lock screen, Badge App icon, Play/Stop Notification Sound. Keep your Mac up-to-date with the latest version of macOS. Sometimes People keep most of the notifications off because hundreds of notifications from the different apps will hang up your Mac on startup. Follow the steps for Turn on notification for the useful app. If you did not know how to manage notifications on Mac then you can get a guide about that at beneath. Steps of Manage notifications on Mac, MacBook Pro/Air read carefully and follow that.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Step by Step Guide on How to Manage Notifications on Mac
Focus: Automatically filter notifications based on what you’re currently doing
MacOS Monterey or later macOS update and parallel iOS 15/ WatchOS 8 Support Focus notifications. So we can manage notifications across all of your Apple devices. and Breakup focus rules using urgent notification option in focus setting.
On Mac, Under System Preferences > Notifications & Focus > See the Focus Tab and Manage it for selected app and contacts.
- Focus is also accessible from the Mac control center.
➡️ Know more about Focus on Mac.
How to Use Group Notifications on MacOS
A little improvement by Apple lets you group notifications on Mac and MacBook. You’ll be given three options to choose from, learn what are they, and how to use Group Notifications on MacBook, Mac.
- Click on the Apple icon on the top menu bar.
- Select System Preferences.
- By app: When you choose “by app”, the Mac will group notifications by App, this will avoid the long list of notifications from a single app. If you want to check all the notifications from the Messages app or from any app, then click the group notification on the Notification bar to expand it.
Besides, if you don’t want to be notified every time by message tone, then choose an option called Deliver Prominently for the particular app to receive the notifications more quietly.
How to Manage Notifications on Mac: Earlier
Steps: 1 Go, System Preferences
Step: 2 Click on Notification Settings
Step: 3 In this Screen left side you can see all apps in a list view; here you can manage each app’s notification settings.
Beneath you can see the Mail notification settings screen, in which there are three kinds of Calendar alert Style like, None, Banners, and Alerts Style. This Banner notification will appear in the upper right corner and go away automatically. You can easily set Calendar Notification according to the given options on the screen.
If you set banners style then calendar notifications appear to you upper right side corner, it goes automatically, while if you set Alert Style then notification stays on screen until dismissed.
If you want,
- Notifications on Lock screen then check Show notifications on the Lock screen.
- Set how many items you want to keep in notifications Center – here 5 recent items are set.
- Badge app icon – if you checked the Badge app icon then you’ll get the notification with the app icon.
- Sound when new notifications come on your Mac; make the tick mark in the box of Play sound for notifications.
Added in Yosemite: Send an audio text in iMessage from Mac.
Other apps settings we update in the near future so keep in touch with us to get it in a handy way. In the comment box text us and to know us how you seem this article, how to manage notifications on Mac. Like? Share it.