Boot camp on the Mac system is a great interface for a different desktop OS. It’s officially run another desktop OS (Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10/ Windows 11) beautifully. This option also allows removing the whole partition, System files, and Data file remove easily and restore space in your Mac primary system. It will increase your Mac performance and User behavior in working time. So you can remove windows Boot camp in just a few clicks.
Your system is running on Windows with Mac using Boot camp partition. But to remove Windows Boot Camp you must need to do only from the OSX Platform. Restart your Mac, immediately Press and Hold down the Option key until you see Startup manager -> Double-tap on Macintosh HD icon.
Before you remove the Boot Camp partition must keep the whole data backup (Files/ Folders) on External Drive or Online cloud storage. Once delete Boot Camp has no option to recover it.
Useful: Optimize Storage space on mac
Steps for Remove Windows Dual Boot partition From Mac Using Boot Camp
Method 1: Using BootCamp Assistant
1: Launch Finder window on Mac. Open Boot Camp Assistance from the Application > Utilities folder. Or Search Boot camp from spotlight search (Command + Space).
2: Next, Tap on the continue button.
3: Choose “Install or Remove Windows 7”. To add new windows Partition or Remove Existing windows Partition you should go with the same Option.
4: Next, Tap on Restore button – This option proceeds for a move all space into mail OS X Storage.
5: Enter Login password, for verification and make necessary changes. Wait for 5 to 7 minutes to complete process no longer wait and quite speedy than expected.
Finally, tap on “Quit” to complete that.
The above steps are helpful on mostly all macOS system available Boot Camp: MacOS Catalina, OS X Yosemite, OS X EI Capitan, macOS Sierra installed on iMac, MacBook, Mac Mini or MacBook Pro/ Air.
Method 2: Using Disk Utility
A Windows Disk Partition on Mac could take up a lot more storage, especially when you don’t need it. If a few files or data are located on the Windows Bootcamp that you can move to another disk drive, removing the Windows Boot Camp from Mac is the right choice.
- Open the Disk Utility on your Mac, use Spotlight search (command+space bar), and search Disk Utility. Alternatively, it can be opened from the /Applications/Utilities.
- Select the Windows Boot Camp Drive under the Internal section from the left sidebar from which you want to remove the disk partition.
- Now, click on the Partition option in the top menu bar.
- Make sure you’ve selected the right disk.
- Next, click on the minus (-) button.
- Select Apply button.
- When a prompt appears asking you to confirm, click on Partition.
Give some time; the Windows Bootcamp Partition will be removed from the Mac. Once the process completes, the Pie Chart will turn into blue color, indicating the disk partition is wiped and empty.
Method 3: Using Terminal
When the BootCamp Assistant and Disk Utility fails to delete the Bootcamp partition on M1 Mac, MacBook, or Intel-based Mac, Terminal is your last option to do it.
- Open Terminal App. Press command+spacebar to launch Spotlight search and open Terminal App.
- Enter the following command:
- diskutil list
- You’ll see list of Disk and Partitions if the above command is executed correctly.
- sudo diskutil eraseVolume JHFS+ deleteme /dev/disk0s3
- Replace the last string disk0s3 with the disk name you want to delete from Mac. You can get the name of the disk and partition listed under the IDENTIFIER column.
- Enter the Administrator Password and confirm the action.
Also Useful: Auto unlock Mac Using apple watch
Share your experience with us on, what you experience after Remove windows Boot Camp from the Mac system? Connect on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter and happy surfing.