Special for Mac user when, you enter your Administrator password and if you get its wrong then naturally, you feel unhappiness right? But don’t worry. You can solve it by here given several methods. There are three kinds of way to solve reset forgot Mac Password. First, Using Apple ID this is simple method Such as you use for iTunes and App store purchases, the second tricks are the hack of sorts in this way you’ve not required either Mac OS X recover drive or CD, truly fact solution you’ll get by this trick I mean very effective trick.
In the Third trick, you’ve must require either recovery mode partition or boot disk, Mac OS X DVD. From all this given way, it’s depending on which method will suit you to reset forget Mac Password. Okay, let’s learn these three methods in the deep step by step at beneath. Some Mac users are regularly change Administrator password on Mac from System Preferences. But here’s the guide for Mac user who forgot and unable to login Mac to use Mac.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Three Methods to Reset Forgotten Mac Password
1st Way of Reset Forgot Mac Password: Using Apple ID [With Video Help]
- This is a simple method but requirements of the method are user have must tie with the Apple ID as well internet connection to accesses Apple ID Account.
- If you enter the wrong password three times during the Mac login or boot screen at that time use the “Password Hint” and you’ll get message that says to you “If you forgot your password you can reset it using your Apple ID”… and then click on (>) arrow icon and initiate your reset password using Apple ID
- See beneath the picture and enter in the required data, which you use to log in for the iTunes, App Store and iCloud. And then Click on “Reset Password”
- IAtthe end of the way confirm the new password and use it for your next login. Definitely very simple method for that user, they have already created Apple ID. But for that user has no Apple ID that can use second way to reset forgot Mac Password.
Hands on Video on Reset Mac Password After Forgotten
2nd way Reset Mac password: with use of installer disk, Recovery mode partition or boot drive.
If you’ve recovery Mode partition, installer disk or boot drive, please following method is according to our OS but I suggest to you can do it, as per your Mac OS Version.
Using Recovery mode for macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8) and Lion (10.7): Steps for reset forgot Mac Password
- Open Mac OS X Bootloader menu from the System Start, hold down the OPTION key
- Choose recovery mode drive
- Next, wait until you can see the ‘’Utilities’’ screen
- Now from the ‘‘Utilities’’ menu click on ‘’Terminal’’ menu
- In command line without quotes type reset password
- In last Confirm new account password and then reboot your Mac as usual
Using Bootable Disk: To reset forgot Mac Password
- Insert the bootable disk into the CD writer and restart or start your Mac
- Boot disk by holding down the ‘’C’’ key from your start system
- Select first Language preferences and then go under the Utilities menu
- And click on ‘’Password Reset’’ or Reset Password it depends on your Mac OS
- Now select forgotten Password hard disk is on, in last select those username its password you forgot, and then it asked you Select a new password.
- In the last reboot as usual from the hard drive and using the newly Password as the new login.
3rd Erase Mac: Reset Mac to Factory Settings – Set a new Login Password
Fourth solution is to reset your Mac settings to Factory default. This process is Easy but will erase all the data from your Mac computer as well with settings.
if you have an time machine backup on external drive then don’t wory about it. After install new copy of macOS after Erase data we can restore all data on Mac. Follow the steps below to reset mac login password without Apple ID or Terminal command.
- Restart your Mac, Quickly press and Hold on Command + R key from keyboard.
- Press both keys until you see macOS Utility window on screen.
- Next, Last option is Disk Utility. Click on it.
- From Disk Utility window, Select the drive from left panel and Click on Erase option from top. Once your mac Drive successfully erased. Close this window and go back to macOS Utility window.
- On MacOS utility window, Second option is install MacOS. with this option your Mac will download new copy of a macOS from internet.
- Once the macOS file download, Installation process will be start automatically. In that, Select your Mac drive to install new copy of MacOS.
- Once you select the drive, Follow on screen insturction on mac and use your Mac like a new.
Note: Finally we can restore old data from backup taken before from your Mac.
Hope you fixed problem and make your mac using to again.
4th Way of reset forgotten Mac Password: without CD or without Boot Drive
You can learn this method from Reset forgotten Mac password without disk or Boot Drive.
Share your replay by text in the comment box, and tell us how to helpful these tips on to reset forgot Mac Password. Dear readers keep in touch with us to know more Hoe to tips concern to iPhone, Mac and Apple’s Product. Like it? Share.