Last Updated on Jul 21, 2022
Special for Mac user when, you enter your Administrator password and if you get its wrong then naturally, you feel unhappiness right? But don’t worry. You can solve it by here given several methods. There are three kinds of ways to solve reset forgot Mac Password. First, Using Apple ID this is a simple method Such as you use for iTunes and App Store purchases, the second tricks are the hack of sorts in this way you’ve not required either Mac OS X recovery drive or CD, truly fact solution you’ll get by this trick I mean very effective trick.
In the Third trick, you’ve must require either recovery mode partition or boot disk, Mac OS X DVD. From all this given way, it’s depending on which method will suit you to reset forget Mac Password. Okay, let’s learn these three methods in the deep step by step beneath. Some Mac users regularly change the Administrator passwords on Mac from System Preferences. But here’s the guide for Mac users who forgot and were unable to log in to Mac to use Mac.
Three Methods to Reset Forgotten Mac Password
1st Way of Reset Forgot Mac Password: Using Apple ID [With Video Help]
- This is a simple method but requirements of the method are user have must tie with the Apple ID as well internet connection to accesses Apple ID Account. also, Your Mac User account have permission for “Allow user to reset password using Apple ID“. Apple Logo > System Preferences > users & Groups > Select Account > Unlock the window > Select Check box for “Allow user to reset password using Apple ID” Now Mac able to reset mac login password using your apple ID.
- If you enter the wrong password three times during the Mac login or boot screen at that time use the “Password Hint” and you’ll get message that says to you “If you forgot your password you can reset it using your Apple ID”… and then click on (>) arrow icon and initiate your reset password using Apple ID
- See beneath the picture and enter in the required data, which you use to log in for the iTunes, App Store and iCloud. And then Click on “Reset Password”
- IAtthe end of the way confirm the new password and use it for your next login. Definitely very simple method for that user, they have already created Apple ID. But for that user has no Apple ID that can use second way to reset forgot Mac Password.
Hands on Video on Reset Mac Password After Forgotten
2nd way Reset Mac password: with use of installer disk, Recovery mode partition or boot drive.
If you’ve recovery Mode partition, installer disk or boot drive, please following method is according to our OS but I suggest to you can do it, as per your Mac OS Version.
Using Recovery mode on Mac process is different based on Which Mac you have? Intel or Apple Silicon M1. for macOS Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), and Lion (10.7): Steps for reset forgot Mac Password
For Intel Mac:
- Open Mac OS X Bootloader menu from the System Start, hold down the OPTION key
- Choose recovery mode drive
- Next, wait until you can see the ‘’Utilities’’ screen
For M1 mac:
Shut down your Mac, After a wait of 20 seconds, Press and Hold the Power button until you see Startup volumes and Options on the screen. Click on Options and see the MacOS Recovery window. Go to Top Mac menu,
- Now from the ‘‘Utilities’’ menu click on ‘’Terminal’’ menu
- In command line without quotes type reset password
- In last Confirm new account password and then reboot your Mac as usual
3rd Erase Mac: Reset Mac to Factory Settings – Set a new Login Password
The fourth solution is to reset your Mac settings to Factory default. This process is Easy but will erase all the data from your Mac computer as well with settings.
if you have a time machine backup on an external drive then don’t worry about it. After installing a new copy of macOS after Erase data we can restore all data on Mac. Follow the steps below to reset the mac login password without Apple ID or Terminal command.
- Restart your Mac, On Intel Mac, Quickly press and Hold on Command + R key from the keyboard. For Apple Silicon Mac, Press and Hold on the Power button [Touch ID Button] > Select Options from the screen where you see MacOS Volume.
- Press both keys until you see macOS Utility window on screen.
- Next, Last option is Disk Utility. Click on it.
- From Disk Utility window, Select the drive from left panel and Click on Erase option from top. Once your mac Drive successfully erased. Close this window and go back to macOS Utility window.
- On MacOS utility window, Second option is install MacOS. with this option your Mac will download new copy of a macOS from internet.
- Once the macOS file download, Installation process will be start automatically. In that, Select your Mac drive to install new copy of MacOS.
- Once you select the drive, Follow on screen insturction on mac and use your Mac like a new.
Note: Finally we can restore old data from a backup taken before from your Mac.
Hope you fixed the problem and make your mac using it again.
4th Way of reset forgotten Mac Password: without CD or without Boot Drive
You can learn this method from Reset forgotten Mac password without disk or Boot Drive.
Turn off Mac Login Password: Administrator or Guest User Login
You are login as an Administrator on mac and you want to Remove or Disable the login passwords for
any of the user accounts [Administrator, Guest] on the same mac. Then here’s the step for Turn off the Login password and Directly access login on Mac.
On MacOS Ventura: Where is Change Login Password on Mac
- Go to the Apple Logo > System Settings.
- Next, Touch ID & Password/Password > Under the password “Change” A login password has been set for this user.
- Enter your Old Password, New Password Two Times [in Verify field also], and Password Hint optional.
- Click on Change Password to save and apply a New Login password to your Mac.
On MacOS Monterey & Earlier: Where is Change Login Password on Mac
- Click on Apple Logo from top mac menu > System Preferences.
- Next, Click on Users & Groups > Unlock window by click on lock icon > Select Mac user from the left side of the window.
- Now, Click on Change Password, If you want to change or Remove the Administrator login password, then you must need Old Password for this mac. Enter old Password, and Keep the New Password and Verify Password field blank. Then, Go with the Change Password option.
- Your mac says: You did not enter a password for this user account. Are you sure you want to do this? Anyone will be able to log in to your computer. Click on continue and make your Mac account without password protection.
Share your replay by text in the comment box, and tell us how to help these tips on reset forgot Mac Password. Dear readers keep in touch with us to know more Hoe to the tips concern to iPhone, Mac, and Apple’s Products. Like it? Share.