Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
iOS 14 is embellished with tones of add-ons, those with higher popularity are, Home Screen Widgets, App Library, App Clips, Enhanced Privacy, Back Tap and the list goes on. Among all of them, the Home Screen Widgets are greatly admired by iPhone users. In this tutorial, we’ll discuss the Clock Widget. Of course, the status bar of the iPhone shows the time, but don’t you struggle looking for it? I do. Since iOS 14 is allowing us to add the widgets to the home screen, why not add the Clock Widget right in the middle of the apps for a better, clear view. With the same spirit, many iPhone users have already added the Analog Clock Widget for a bigger vision, but now they are complaining iOS 14 Clock Widget showing the wrong time.
Incorrect Time by Clock Widget may perplex you if you’re a person who totally relies on the Clock Widget to check the time and doesn’t have Apple Watch. By the time, you realize that the iPhone is showing the incorrect time, it’ll be too late to make any decision. Don’t worry, several iPhone users have dealt with the wrong time on iPhone after iOS 14 update problems, so you can too. There is a number of settings to be verified when we are addressing the Clock Widget errors on the iPhone. Start by force restarting the iPhone.
Clock Widget Showing Incorrect Time in iOS 14 iPhone
Force Reboot iPhone
Restart the iPhone to fix the Clock Widget Showing Incorrect Time after iOS 14 Update on iPhone. Many folks have found that a simple restart resolved their time zone issues with the iPhone.
For iPhone 8 or later,
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 7/7Plus,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Side button until the Apple logo pops-up.
For iPhone 6S or earlier,
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button and release it when the Apple logo displays on the screen.
Check the Clock Widget Time Zone
When you add the Clock Widget on the iPhone home screen for the first time, by default, the Time Zone will be set to Cupertino. In that case, if you don’t live in California, change the time zone from Cupertino to the region you belong to.
- Unlock the iPhone.
- Touch and hold the Clock Widget.
- Select the Edit Widget.
- Tap on the Cupertino or any region that appears.
- Search your City.
- If the Widget is unable to locate your City, then try entering the bigger City that belongs to the same Time as your city.
- Select the City.
- Tap anywhere except the Widget’s City Card to exit the Widget pop-up.
Check if Clock Widget is showing the time as per your region or not. Or else move to the next solution.
Is Your Clock Changes the Time Zone As Per Your Location?
If you’re an explorer, who always drives across the country, make sure the Location Services and Setting Time Zone is enabled on iPhone. Doing this will automatically update the Time Zone, depending upon your location, using the Location Services.
- Go to the Settings App on the iPhone.
- Select Privacy.
- Tap Location Services.
- Be sure to toggle ON the Location Services.
- In the same menu, scroll down and tap System Services.
- Turn On Setting Time Zone.
Make Sure iPhone’s Clock Showing Correct Time
There shouldn’t be any difference between the Time showed by iPhone on the home screen, I’m not talking about the Widget, but the default clock of the iPhone. It might baffle the iPhone with different clock times. Instead, always let the iPhone set the time automatically, detecting the city and time zone you live in.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Select Date & Time
- Turn On Set Automatically
- Plus, if the Set Automatically option is already turned on, then disable it, and re-enable to refresh the settings.
- Now you should see the correct time and date along with the Time Zone.
- Get back to the home screen and check the Clock Widget.
Reset Location & Privacy Settings
Location plays a major role when it comes to setting the Date and Time on the iPhone. Reset Location & Privacy Settings of the iPhone to stimulate the device.
- Navigate to the Settings app on iPhone.
- Select General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Reset Location & Privacy.
- Enter the iPhone Passcode if asked.
- Read on-screen instructions and Reset it.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.