Last Updated on Apr 20, 2023
It often happens with all of us. When you play the video, but iPhone won’t detect that it was turned sideways. Which eventually plays video in the portrait instead of landscape orientation. This usually happens if you aren’t holding in the appropriate way. However, if this isn’t the cause, you will need to play with settings to rotate a video on an iPhone (90 degrees, 180 degrees, or 270 degrees). Follow the guide below!
Ultimate Guide to Rotate a Video on Apple Smartphone
Before following the bottom procedure, make sure that your Phone screen rotation is not locked. You can learn here how to rotate screen on iPhone or iPad.
How To Rotate Video On iPhone & iPad With Photos App (iOS 13 and later)
Follow the steps below to rotate a recorded video on iPhone & iPad via Apple Photos app.
- Go to the Photos App.
- Select Albums from the bottom menu.
- Swipe and select Videos.
- Now, all the saved and recorded on iPhone will appear, search and select Video you are willing to rotate.
- Then tap on the Edit button from the top right corner.
- Lastly, choose the Rotate Button from the left top corner of the screen. Keep tapping until you get desired position.
I hope guys using this process your job is done. Suppose, if you have an old age phone not supported to iOS 13 or later, there is an alternative method (using Apple iMovie app) to flip video from vertical to horizontal or vice versa.
How To Rotate Video On iPhone & iPad With iMovie App
Before we start with the procedure, you will need to install the iMovie from the App Store. And once the app gets installed, follow the steps below.
- Open the iMovie App.
- Then swipe up the Start New Project menu.
- Select Movies from there.
- Now, all the photos and videos stored on your iPhone will appear. Select the video you are willing to rotate.
- Then, tap on Create Movie from the bottom.
- From the edit screen, twist the finger on the video in whichever direction you want to rotate.
- Once you get the desired position, tap on the Done button from the top left corner.
- Further, give a name to the rotated video by tapping on the My Movie.
- Click on the Share Button, and then select Save Video.
Now to the photos app > Albums from the bottom menu. Swipe down and select Videos, and there you will rotated video. That’s It!
How To Cut And Rotate The Video On iPhone & iPad
Sometimes you might have recorded or received a video that includes both landscape and portrait modes. And for better results, either you want to convert the complete video in landscape or portrait mode. Luckily, this is possible on iPhone using iMovie, but the procedure is quite long. As we have to begin initially with Cut, then rotate. Fret not! We have mentioned the steps below.
- Install the iMovie App from the App Store.
- Once it gets installed, open it.
- Now, swipe up the Start New Project menu.
- Select Movies.
- Search and select the desired video.
- Tap Create Movie.
- Hit on Play, and once the video reaches the time from where you want to change either in the portrait or landscape mode, tap on the Timeline at the bottom.
- Select Split from menu. A separate timeline will be created.
- Tap on the part you want to rotate and twist to fingers on the Video; after you reach the end result, tap Done.
- The video will automatically merge. Next, from the Edit Screen, give the name to your video by tapping on My Movie. Hit on Share Button.
- Lastly, select Save Video. It will be stored in the Photos App.
You can rotate video on iPhone and iPad in no time and without affecting the quality of video. Do share which method you prefer the most in the comment box below!
However, this can using the third-party, so do read our article on best video editing apps for iPhone.