Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Mac users are using MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, or Mac Mini for different purposes like Personal use, Presentation, Meetings, Gaming, Entertainment, Professional Movie/ Video making. And it’s hesitating while we feel Speaker volume too low on MacBook regularly from Skype other Web platforms, Watch Movies or Play audio file online or offline, Different types of sounds and alerts.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Are you looking for the mix up some sound MacBook Pro speakers suddenly low? Then MacBook audio interface awesome to use for extending sound level and editing purposes.
Troubleshooting Tips: Speaker Volume Too Low/Stopped Working on MacBook Pro, Air, Mac: Mac Big Sur, Mac Catalina, or Earlier
Follow the Below instruction that Mostly works On Many MacBook Sound Problem
- Reboot Your Mac, Click on Apple Logo () From Top Mac Menu > Restart > Try the Problem is fixed if it didn’t help often. If Restart Mac Fixed the issue then Wait for the next update, Because Software internal issues will solve automatically after the update. Also, check Update Apple Logo > System Preferences > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Internal Speaker/Built-In Speaker is Checked-in: We can customize the output speaker for louder volume from macOS settings. Click on Apple Logo () From Top Mac Menu > System Preferences > Sound > OutPut Tab > Internal Speaker [Trype is Built In] Must be selected with Maximum volume slider.
- Your MacBook Stuck on Headphone Mode, Jack is Activated even No there in Headphone Jeck, So Plug in your Headphone jack and test the sound is working.
- Restart Sound Controller: Launch the Activity Monitor using Spotlight search (command+space), and find the ‘coreaudiod’ and click (X) to shut down the sound controller. It will automatically restart.
- Re-Install latest Version of macOS: Restart your Mac, During Restart time Press Command + R key from Keyboard, Until you see MacOS utility window on-screen > Select Reinstall macOS > Follow the on-screen instructions. [Resintall MacOS Doesn’t Erase your Mac Data, This process will repair the Software issues of MacOS version]
- Get the help from Apple Support: Know the affected devices from apple in the response of your from https://www.apple.com/feedback/.
- Take it Apple: Apple definitely helps in such kind of hardware issues, Apple will diagnose the problem at apple genius bar. Also, we can book an appointment at the Apple genius bar. Also, Follow the other important solutions given in this article.
Why is the Sound Not Working on my Mac?
Apple Mac [MBP, MBA iMac, Mac Mini] coming with Stereo speakers, microphones, 3.5mm headphone jack these all stuff are avialbe but not sure it depends on your mac model. At least, the basic audio system preference in all Mac models. So it can work as internal audio as well as external speaker output sound whatever you have selected.
Sometimes user-facing issues like Apple mac not sending audio sound either internal speaker through or external speakers not working on mac due to various reasons.
Here im gonna show you a checklist and solutions for why your Mac speakers suddenly low or not working at all or anything to affect the speakers.
After upgrade Mac to macOS from old version to new firmware on Mac,
Faulty power source or not plugged in correctly in the back of iMac
Mac Speaker volume controls are set all the way down or muted
Having sound issues on mac with internal speakers not working your mac? Get troubleshooting internal speakers on your Apple Mac don’t make a sound.
you guys you don’t hear audio sound from the built-in internal speakers on your Mac. You must check your mac Software version. if it’s old then update it and check your settings.
Use the Latest Version of macOS
The first step is to make sure that you’re using the latest version of macOS. Back up your important information and then update the software on your Mac.
- For MacOS Mojave or Later: Click on the Apple logo > Software Update > Check for updates.
- For other macOS: Visit the Mac App Store > click on Update tab > Update All.
Check your Sound Settings/Disconnect HDMI Cable
If you still can’t hear sound from the internal speakers after updating your computer’s software, check your sound settings.
First, disconnect any external audio devices from your computer. Also disconnect any cables from the USB, Thunderbolt, FireWire, or 3.5mm audio ports.
- Step #1. From the Apple () menu, click on System Preferences.
- Step #2. Click the Output tab, then select Internal Speakers. If you don’t see Internal Speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
in case of If the volume slider is set low, then please move the slider to the right and test sound again.
If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and play audio sound again.
If you still don’t hear any audio sound, contact Apple Support.
Use Keyboard Shortcut for Increase Volume Instantly
The keyboard shortcut is the smartest way to change volume level without finding a sound shortcut on Screen. It’s always enabled either volume icon in the Menu bar or Changed degree from system preference.
- Press F12 Key – Maximize sound level from current
- Press F11 Key – Decrease sound level
- F10 Key: Mute or Louder volume
Enable Volume on Mac Menu Bar
- Go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sound.
- Sound Effects
Here’s the list of different sounds alert as a built-in.
For the Testing purpose, Play sound in different speakers listed under “Play sound effects through.” Also, maximize the Alert volume level.
Output Volume is also essential; Here you can see volume level status between two speakers (Left & Right).
Input Sound: Change microphone input sound intensity, by reducing ambient noise reduction (Enable this option).
Check all Connected External Speaker
More than one sound system or a speaker connected to a single Mac system is not surprising. Yes, that we can manage efficiently and use it regularly without removing or disconnect all other attached devices for any time.
Find all connected Speakers and switch to anyone. By choosing it from the Volume icon in the Mac Menu bar.
Desktop Internal Speaker, Bluetooth External Speaker, Connected with Headphone Jack, Line speaker connects on the audio jack.
Disable or Enable Notification Sound on Mac
We can completely Turn off or Turn on Notification sound on Mac, That might be disturbing the Mac owners or at working space to other people.
- See the Screen below, Disable only notification sounds -> “Play user interface sound effects.”
Related: Fix Low Volume on Apple Watch
Clear Sound Settings from MacBook RAM (Reset NVRAM/PRAM)
Mac system stores some useful Settings in small size RAM for Quickly Access/ Save or Change the settings. This RAM is called PRAM (nonvolatile random access memory).
Reset PRAM: That we can clear at the Mac startup screen and it’s necessary on the old Mac system, restart Mac and Press, and hold four keys (Option (Alt) + Command + P + R) for 20 seconds. Release all the keys once you get startup sound.
Check for Update
Outdated MacOS can be a problem of no speaker sound on MacBook. Please check for the latest update in the Mac App store (Current MacOS Catalina).
- Open App store > Update > See the list of new updates and go for the upgrade if any?
Low volume on online Media file – Audio or Video
It depends on the audio quality of a video; I recommended checking the sound level in an online media player. Ex: YouTube, Vimeo.
MacBook Hardware issue
Go to Apple support for a check-up at apple genius bar. Internal hardware problems may be a cause of low speaker volume or MacBook not sounding like a before (New MacBook Pro/ Air).
Still, MacBook has fantastic sound system architecture compare to other MacBook pro alternatives (Laptops).
I recommended to use MacBook speaker minimum as possible, use External headphone or Speaker to extend battery life and Beware from other hardware problems.
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏