In this tutorial, we will show you how to unenroll macOS Beta on Mac. This is the only easy way to switch from beta macOS to Public macOS automatically. At first, some users got excited to use the latest features of new software update before the stable version is released, but then end up searching how to downgrade beta in Mac. The benefit of using Apple’s ecosystem is, we are always allowed to enroll for beta programs and also unenroll for beta programs on Mac anytime without any questions asked. So if you are the one who wants to stick with the stable macOS and don’t want to receive any updates for beta programs, then continue to read it.
The next query you must be striking your mind is, unenrolling from macOS beta on Mac will downgrade the software? No, it won’t downgrade the macOS beta, only the beta updates will not appear. Just the stable updates will be sent as a notification on your Mac, and if you want to update the Mac to the latest version, visit the App Store and update it to the latest version.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Make sure to keep back up of Mac, while updating the macOS or installing beta version, as to keep your years of hard work safe, because once the data is gone it is difficult to get it back.
How to Unenroll from macOS Beta Programs on Mac?
Within a few tweaks you can opt-out from the macOS Beta Programs on your Mac, here’s how it can be done.
- Navigate to the System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Find and click on Software Update.
- Under the Software Update Gear(This Mac is enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Program), click on Details.
- On selecting Restore Defaults, you will no longer receive any beta software program updates.
- Your Mac will ask to enter the Mac login Password. Once you verify the login passcode, Beta Updates will be removed automatically.
- If Not Removing Beta Update then click on More info button just below the pending software update Name. Now Select the Pending update version and Click on Cancel Schedule Update. if you can’t delete the pending software it will be removed automatically when it will release.
Pro Tips! Who is looking for the Latest Public macOS Version?
You have to know the beta version is Next to the Public version. So you can install the latest version after removed the Beta profile from Mac. You should wait for the next Public Version when your Beta Version is matched to Public Version. After that, you will able to Download and Install Public Version.
But Anyhow you want right now, Becuase of serious Software incompatible and other problems. Then you should go with the Clean install macOS – Backup Your Mac, Follow this tutorial on installing Public Latest version in One or two hours.
That was my personal experience when I felt with the same issues. I had removed my beta Version 10.15.1 But the Public version was Running 10.15, After removed the beta profile of macOS Version 10.15.1, I didn’t get macOS 10.15. after a long wait for macOS 10.15.1 public, I could be able to install on my Mac when it released.
This is it! From now onwards, Apple won’t send you any software updates unless it is a stable version.
Jaysukh Patel is the founder of howtoisolve. Also self Professional Developer, Techno lover mainly for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and iOS, Jaysukh is one of responsible person in his family.
Contact On: [email protected] [OR] [email protected]