Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
No matter you update the Mac to the latest macOS Mojave you will defiantly going to receive errors. Today we will fix the most common error related to external disk “the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer,” Also fix “unreadable USB flash USB drive on Mac.” When you encounter this error in your MacBook Air, you will not be able to read or write the external drive, flash drive, memory card, and such storage devices and lastly, you cannot access any of the data stored on those drives which are unreadable by the macOS Mojave.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
We cannot judge the exact reason behind “the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer” on Mojave. The possible reasons can be Virus attack, improper ejection, file system corruption, power failure, etc. doesn’t matter what the reason we will directly try to fix “the disk not showing up on macOS Mojave is.”
Supported Devices and MacOS Works behind this Fix,
- MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Mini
- MacOS Mojave, MacOS High Sierra, MacOS Sierra, MacOS EI Capitan, Yosemite
Follow 3 Fixes for Solve disk you Inserted Was Not Readable By Computer macOS Mojave & Earlier
Solution 1: Check the Cable and Port
First off, we would suggest you switch the port and try connecting in other port. In case of this doesn’t work then change the cable and connect the drive. Still, if you found the same error disk you inserted was not readable by computer macOS Mojave then try to communicate with Windows PC and check it is working or not.
Solution 2: Repair the drive on other Mac
After joining the trip on another Mac, yet you are receiving the same error then there is a problem with your external drive only. So let’s try to repair the disk right from your Mac.
- Step #1: Open “Disk Utility.”
- Step #2: Find and click on the faulty disk on the left side.
- Step #3: Choose the “First Aid” option and click “Run.”
Solution 3: Format the Disk
If none of the above solutions works out for you, then our last option is to format the entire drive which will remove all the corrupted files which are interrupting the disk from opening. Note that you will lose all of your data after formatting the disk.
- Step #1: Open “Disk Utility.”
- Step #2: Choose the unreadable disk and then click on “Erase.”
- Step #3: Again click on the “Erase” which is located on top of the window.
- Step #4: Enter the info and then select the “Erase” option.
Once that unreadable disk is formatted you can use it again.
You need also check,
- Update Driver for Hard Drive.
- Might be USB Damaged or not working. For the privacy reason, Sometimes Uses keep it blocked.
- Update your Mac with the latest version: Enable automatic Software update
- Force Restart your Mac, Sometime External Drive File format is not supported to MacOS. So first Formate your Drive using the way given in solution 3.
We are happy to assist you and Helping out any technical problems and tips. Just comment me, Also like and Share us on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and YouTube Channel. See you guys, till they eat healthily and live healthily
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏