Last Updated on Aug 2, 2022
How Do I Find the Calculator on My Mac? Quickly Open Calculator. Open Calculator on Mac is a tedious task, Becuase there is no Default Shortcut for Mac Calculator or Calculator widget on Mac. All-time we need to find the calculator on Mac spotlight search or Launchpad.
But here I am giving tips to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcut for Calculator on Mac. or Open Quickly from Dock this stay in dock. and Best Calculator for Mac that supports Widget.
Method 1: How do Create a Shortcut to Launch an app on Mac using Automator?
Mac Automator launch application Using Keyboard Shortcut. That’s we can apply for any Native apple app or Third-Party application. here I am setup Calculator on the Automated app for open Using Your Custome Keyboard shortcut.
- Open the Automator app using Spotlight Search or Applications/Automator.app in finder.
- Select Quick Action from Window.
- Select Utilities from the left side of the window > Select “Launch Application” > Drag it to the right space of the window.
- Select Application from the dropdown option. Select Calculator.
- Command + S or File > Save to Save this automation On Close the automaton app, with the correct name “Calculator” .
Quick action is created on your Mac for the Calculator app.
Now, Set a Custom Keyboard Shortcut from Keyboard Preferences on Mac for recently creating Shortcut using the Automator app. Follow the below steps, for Which macOS is Installed on your Mac.
On MacOS Ventura
Step 1→ Go to the Apple Logo > System Settings.
Step 2→ Scroll & Open to Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts….
Step 3→ Select Services from the left side > Under the General > Calculator. And Double click to Give a Keyboard Shortcut, Here’s I added [Control + Command + C]. and Click on Done to Save the Shortcut.
Now, Use Keyboard Shortcut to open Calculator on Mac using Shortcut, Control + Command + C. and Switch to Different Calculator From
does mac have a scientific calculator? Yes
- Basic [Command + 1]
- Scientific [Command + 2]
- Programmer [Command + 3]
That’s it. On Earlier macOS Automator Shortcut is the same but follow the below steps for macOS Monterey & Earlier
On MacOS Monterey & Earlier
- Go to the Apple Logo from the top Mac menu > System Preferences.
- Click on Keyboard.
- Select Shortcuts Tab > Services > Scroll to General or Shortcuts Section and Your Shortcut for Automator Shortcut will appear here. Select Recently added Calculator shortcut > Click on “Add Shortcut or None” next to shortcut name > Use Keyboard Key Combination to apply or add Shortcut for this Automator. here i set “Control + Command + C“.
- Now, Press this Calculator shortcut to open it on your Mac.
What is the shortcut key for opening Calculator?
There is no default shortcut for Calculator on Mac. Users have to make using Automator app. this will bring up the Calculator on a Mac or on any screen.
Follow the above method to add Calculator shortcut to Mac using the Automator app.
Method 2: How do I pin Calculator to taskbar/Dock on Mac?
We can set up your Mac for quick work like pin your most frequently used app on the Mac dock. In just one click, Bring up on your Screen. So, we don’t need to minimize running apps on the Mac screen or Find it from Spotlight search or Launchpad.
- I am guessing that the Calculator app is opened on Mac. if not then Launch on Mac.
- Right Click on Calculator App icon > Options > Keep in dock.
- That’s it.
Method 3: Where is the Calculator on MacBook Air
Mac allows users to Open the Calculator on Mac in alternate ways.
- Use Spotlight Search on Mac, Command + Space > Type Calculator, and Open.
- Open from Launchpad.
- Open from Application folder in Finder. Open Finder on Mac > From top Menu Go > Applications > FInd Calculator app.
Method 4: Best Mac Calculator That Access on Top Menu on Mac
Some mac users are uncomfortable with Mac’s simple calculator. Get Extra functions, And Features like add a Calculator shortcut to Mac Top Menu Bar. Also, Get it on Mac Widget.
- PCalc ($9.99)
- Wolfram Alpha.
- Magic Calculator ($3.99)
5th Pro Tip:- Bluetooth Wireless Numeric Keypad
if you are facing the issue with Using a Calculator on your Mac or PC because it’s available at the top horizontal line, then try to use Bluetooth Wireless Numeric Keypad available online to use Other gadgets.
it comes with effortless connectivity via Bluetooth, Other function keys like Page Up, Down, Arow keys, Search, and more.
Some numeric Keypad has a shortcut to open the calculator using the key on Keypad on Windows and Linux. But Mac can’t do it. But we can do calculations like a traditional calculator using this external Bluetooth Wireless Numeric Keypad.
write us a comment for more help and share your experience with the above tips.