Last Updated on Jan 22, 2021
While looking for web browsers, Google Chrome and Safari strike first in mind, and of course, due to their advanced features and easy-to-use interface, they are the most downloaded and used browsers to date. Apple’s Safari, can’t be downloaded and used on any laptop or PC other than Apple, however, there are no restrictions with Chrome, you can use Chrome even on MacBook, Mac. Day by day, Chrome and Safari are getting better and safer, in terms of privacy and security.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
We’ve prepared this article comparing the features of both browsers, along with the positive and negative attributes of them. Let’s see and decide which is the best browser for you.
A Detailed Comparison on Which is Best Browser for Mac, MacBook? Chrome v/s Safari
1. Chrome VS Safari Battery Life MacBook Pro/Air [M1]
When it comes to battery life, we’ll take Processor as an example. Usually, Chromes takes up almost 40%-50% of system memory, while Safari consumes 20%-25% of the processor, however, it may vary depending on the number of tabs you’ve opened currently. More processors will take up more battery, therefore, if you’re a MacOS user, then stay with Safari.
- Recently, M1 Silicon mac users have been posted a problem with us, Backgroud Safari Tabs is refreshing itself, So it consumes more power. In place, Chrome performs batter. So you have to keep your eye on Battery while using a Different browser on Mac. also keep your Browser and macOS updated.
2. Which is Better Chrome or Safari
If we are talking about Browser for Mac, then definitely I’d recommend you to continue using the Safari Browser. Safari is Apple’s own browser with tones of features, mostly dedicated to user’s privacy and security. Though, in earlier days, Safari was not as powerful as compared to right now. While staying in Apple’s ecosystem is beneficial rather than using Chrome Browser on Mac and using Safari on iPhone, in such cases you can’t sync the Safari browser across and access the passwords, bookmarks, and other data. However, if you prefer to use Google Chrome on your mobile and Mac, then you’re good to go.
- Safari is the Best Out of the Box if If you don’t want to use Browser Extensions.
- Seldom, Safari Behaves buggy while playing Videos on YouTube or Netflix and many other Websites [Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest].
3. Is Google Chrome Safe for Mac?
Well, it’s pretty hard to answer this question, but if you’re really concern about privacy and security, Safari is an ideal choice. However, you may have already heard that Google Chrome collects your information, tracks, which might not be acceptable to you. So, if you have Apple Mac, then use Safari instead of Chrome.
4. Is Safari More Secure than Chrome?
Yes, of course, Safari is the most secure browser with advanced features, there is no doubt about that. Over time, Safari has been improved to the next level, mostly when it comes to privacy and security. You can use Safari without worrying about data breaches.
- Google has a business that analyses the user’s intersection on browser at different levels, That’s Under User Privacy control. but still, Apple has no user Data mining business.
- if you want total control over Privacy then use Safari.
5. User Interface: Chrome V/s Safari
Safari brought significant improvements with macOS Big Sur or later versions, like personalizing the background wallpaper on the homepage. Adding favorites, privacy reports, Siri suggestions, and much more things. Besides, on hovering the cursor on the tabs, you’ll get a preview of the page.
While there are no substantial changes I’ve seen in the Chrome app. Therefore, in terms of features and interface, Safari tops the list.
- Users Who Switched from Windows, Then Chrome is an option on Mac. Without Conflicting browser usage history.
6. Support for Extensions
Google Chrome has a huge library of different extensions, while Safari doesn’t have as much collection as Chrome. Extensions are made to ease your work, it can do a lot more things you can’t imagine. To download the Extensions on Chrome, open the Chrome Web Store, and in the Safari, click on the Safari > Safari Extensions.
- Note: Outdated Extension on Mac does not perform well, So Keep up-to-date all the Mac Browser extensions in a timely.
7. Does Google Chrome Slow Down Mac?
Yes, sometimes, due to excessive load, Chrome could slow down the MacBook Pro, Mac. Otherwise, in terms of speed and performance, Chrome is now even better and reliable than earlier. And are you experiencing Slow Safari, Here are few tricks to boost speed.
- Google Chrome can improve the Chrome browser performance by cleaning large Browsing Data, Cache, Cookies, and Unused Third-Party Extensions.
- if you feel google chrome slow, some of the time then Use Private mode. Open Chrome > File > New Incognito mode.
Conclusion [Final Thoughts]
According to my Openion, Very few reasons finalized after comparing both the Browser functionality for Mac. For Security and Privacy concern you can use any of them, Also Checkout most privacy Browsers for Mac. For Speed, I recommend going with Safari and For the Third-Party Extension, I recommend using Google Chrome. Keep both the Browser installed on your Mac and start using it, If you feel something missing or uncomfortable because of Mac Speed, Browsing Speed, the Website won’t load issues or Choppy Scrolling.
Also, Don’t miss to share your opinion as well, in the comment box.
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏