Last Updated on Sep 14, 2023
At it’s recent event, Apple has announced the new iPhone 15 series. While Dynamic Island and the new 48MP camera are highlighting aspects of non-Pro iPhone 15 devices, the Action Button feature is something that can turn table around for iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max owners. However, What’s the Action Button? Is it different from Mute Switch? This is a common query amongst Apple fans. This guide will let you know the difference between Action Button and Mute Switch.
Difference between Action Button and Mute Switch
In this article, we’ll let you know in detail what’s the difference between Mute Switch and Action Button.
The Mute switch is a physical button on your iPhone’s left side. It’s typically used for limited tasks, such as silencing incoming calls, notifications, and other sounds without accessing your iPhone settings app or using the volume button.
iPhone 15 Pro Action Button
The Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro Max and Pro is a tiny button located above the volume keys assigned to do a different task. The new action button is a new button that is replaced with a silent/ringer key. It is designed at the same place where the silent key used to be in older models. Upon pressing the Action key, you’ll get haptic feedback, significantly enhancing the user experience.
However, by default, the Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max works as a silent key. All you need to do is press the button to toggle between ringer and silent. Also, all the latest flagships have dynamic island, action button will appear on the dynamic island.
How to customize & use Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max
The action button on iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max works similarly to the one designed on the Apple Watch Utlra. As mentioned in the Apple event, the Action button supports nine different quick actions. Once you customize the Action Button, all you need to do is press and hold the Action Button to launch the selected action. Here’s how to customize & use action button on iPhone.
Step 1: Launch to Settings App > Select the Action Button.
Step 2: In the following screen, Swipe left to go through the multiple options and select one of your preferences. > Hold the Action Button to Turn on or Change the Action button on iPhone.
- Silent Mode: The Action Button is configured to toggle between Ring and Silent modes.
- Focus: Using the Action Button, you can activate the preferred focus filter to launch instantly.
- Camera: You can access the Camera of your iPhone using Action Button to save your precious time.
- Flashlight: Unlike the camera, you can activate the Flashlight using the Action Button.
- Voice Memos: You can instantly record your idea in no time by accessing the Voice Memos via the Action Button.
- Translate: The Action Button can also be configured to translate your text.
- Magnifier: While moving through the small text, you can configure the Magnifier in the Action Button.
- Shortcut: The Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro can also be used for shortcuts such as launching an app or sending text messages.
- Accessibility: Unlike other settings, you can activate accessibility features, such as Assistive Touch, VoiceOver, and more, via Action Button.
The action button on the latest iPhone flagship allows you to easily set shortcuts to access features like Camera, Flashlight, Voicememos, and more. Whereas the Silent Key is only used to Silent incoming calls, notifications, and other sounds.
Which iPhone 15 model has an Action Button?
Unfortunately, the non-iPhone 15 Pro model doesn’t come with an Action Button. Only iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max have an Action Button.