At some point in life, you have to cancel some subscriptions. These subscriptions can also be termed “recurring payments” or “automatic payments”. One of the many features of Paypal is the subscription or automatic payment management. You can use the management service to avail or cancel any subscription-based service.
A subscription allows a service provider to charge you periodically without signing in to your PayPal account. A subscription is set up as soon as you make your first payment to a subscription service provider. With that said, this article is not about setting up an automatic transaction but about how to stop automatic transactions on PayPal.
This article will teach you how to stop automatic transactions on PayPal on a Mac/PC or on an iPhone/Android mobile device. It is quite easy, so buckle up and let’s dive into it.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to stop automatic transactions on Paypal via internet browser:
- Open your browser and go to paypal.com.
- Enter your log-in information to access your account.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the gear icon to access Settings.
- Next, choose “Payments” from the menu bar on the top.
- Open “Manage Automatic Payments”. This is where you can check your PayPal Subscriptions or Recurring Payments.
Note- Make sure that the “Show Active” option is enabled in the left column.
- The next step is to find the automatic transactions that you want to cancel. If you don’t see the automatic transaction that you want to cancel, click on the “See More” option to view the complete list of merchants.
- You will be able to spot the “Cancel” button at the top right of the subscription history.
- A confirmation page will appear. Tap on “Cancel” once more to confirm.
And, that’s it. Now, you know how to stop automatic transactions on PayPal using your internet browser.
Next, we will teach you how to stop automatic transactions on PayPal using the iPhone or Android app.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to stop automatic transactions on Paypal via the mobile app:
- Open the PayPal app on your mobile device.
- Select Wallet.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose “Automatic payments”.
This is where you can check your PayPal Subscriptions or Recurring Payments.
- To view or amend the merchant, tap it.
- At the bottom, select “Remove PayPal as your payment option”.
And, done! Simple, wasn’t it? Now, you know how to stop automatic transactions on PayPal using your phone.
However, do you know how to stop automatic transactions on PayPal as a business? You can use PayPal recurring payments to set up recurring subscription payments. It may even be tied to your website. Because of PayPal’s global reach, you may accept subscription and recurring payments from clients all around the world.
Let’s see how you can do it.
For businesses using PayPal, the following steps will let you cancel recurring payments:
- Access your PayPal business account.
- Navigate to the Subscriptions page.
- To view all of your active subscription plans, navigate to the Subscriptions section on the left side of the screen.
- Search for the cancel subscription option on the subscription plan you wish to cancel.
- On the confirmation screen that appears, click continue and then complete.
And that’s all. The subscription has been canceled.
PayPal allows you to change and cancel subscriptions as per your needs. It is a simple procedure if you know what you are doing. Rather than jumping from one merchant to another, it is easier to make adjustments immediately through PayPal’s Automatic Payments gateway.