Do you need to see the Date and Time [Clock], frequently? You might have thought, why shouldn’t I use Apple Watch or iPhone to check the time and date. But I’ve got a better option for you, instead of repeatedly unlocking the iPhone or Apple Watch to see the time, you can add date and time to the Menu bar on Mac and MacBook. Your Mac’s menu bar is not that efficient to show the calendar or change date format by using the default settings.
But then, when we look at the positive side, all these add-ons clutter the menu bar. Once you add the date and time format to the menu bar on macOS, there are a few more customization options available like to View as Analog or View as Digital, Show Seconds, Show Flash timer separators, and more. These tricks support all Versions on MacOS.
How to Show Date and Time on Mac Menu Bar
How to Add Date and Time to The Menu Bar On MacOS
These are the basic stepwise guides that’ll answer your question, how do I add the date to my Mac menu bar? And Customize with hiding Date, Show Date, Show AM/PM in Menu Bar, Display the time with seconds, and more.
For MacOS Ventura & later
Step 1→ Go to the Apple Logo from the top menu > System Settings.
Step 2→ Next, Select “Control Center” Option from the sidebar > Clock Options…
Step 3→ For Show Date “always” and Enable toggle for “Show the day of the week”.
Step 4→ Tap on Done to apply. That’s it.
To Remove Date Disable the Show Date and Disable “Show the day of the week”.
Now, the Date will not be shown. For Time, To see AM/PM, Flash the time separators and Display the time in seconds. select the correct option appropriately.
For MacOS Monterey or Later
1→ Click on Apple Logo from top Mac menu > System Preferences.
2→ Open Dock & Menu Bar.
3→ under the Section Menu Bar Only, Select Clock > and see all the custom settings for Show Clock on Menu Bar.
- Hide or Show the day of the week
- Show Date [how to display date in mac menu bar? Enable this option]
- Display Time in Analog or Digital icon
- Use a 24 Hour Clock
- Show AM/PM
- Flash the time Separator
- Display the time with seconds
Tips: Enable announce the time for On the Hour, On the Half Hour, On the Quater Hour with Customise Hour.
Now, Your Mac will see the Date and Time Formate like this,
For MacOS Big Sur & Earlier
- Click on Apple Logo () From Top Mac Menu…
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- At the bottom, click on Date & Time.
- Now, to make changes you’ll probably need to Click on The Lock and enter the Administrator Password.
- Select the Clock tab next to Time Zone.
- Check the box of the Show date and time in the menu bar.
- Digital or Analog: It lets you choose the clock type: Digital or Analog.
- Display the time with seconds: Check the option only if you want to see the seconds next to the time.
- Flash the time separators: This is quite similar to the above. Instead of showing seconds, the time separator will flash.
- Use a 24-hour clock: Choose whether to use a 24-hour clock format or stay with a 12-hour clock format.
- Show AM/PM: Select to see the AM and PM on Mac Menu Bar.
- Show the day of the week: This option will let you control whether to show Monday, Tuesday etc. days on the menu bar or not.
- Show date: If you only want to see the time, then disable this option.
how to show seconds on mac clock
By default, the Seconds will not be showing on the Mac menu bar or Status Bar, For some reasons like the second number, might be distracting you while you focus on the Mac screen. Still, you need to use or show seconds in the Clock Menu bar then follow the below steps,
- Go to the Apple logo from the top mac menu. Click on System Preferences.
- Next, Dock & menu Bar > Select Clock from the left side of the window under the Menu Bar only section.
- Select the “Display the time with seconds” option to see with clock time. Also, we can use it as Up down timer.
- That’s it.
How to Show Date with Year in Mac Menu Bar?
There is no straightforward option to see the date with a year in the Mac menu bar, what you can do is click on the Date & Time widget and there you’ll see the date format like Tuesday, March 03, YEAR, whereas, the Mac Menu Bar only shows Tue Mar 3.
How to Change Date Format on MacOS?
Unfortunately, there isn’t any way to change the date format of the Mac Menu bar. You’ve to stick with the default date format provided by Apple.
But if you don’t mind installing third-party applications, then several apps will let you customize the date and time widget of the Mac Menu Bar.
Can Mac show the calendar in the menu bar?
Mac only shows Date and Time in a different format, but can’t see the full month & Year calendar in Menu Bar because of the Spacing issue. But we can quickly see Calendar on any Mac screen by clicking Date and Timer on the Mac menu bar, to See it, Add Calendar in the Mac widget section, and See Calendar on Mac.
1→ Click on Date and Time on the Mac menu.
2→ See the option Edit Widget and Start to Customize the Widget section.
3→ Select Calendar and Start to add into Widget. There are three types of Calendar, Use Simple Calendar. Hover it on and Click on the Plus button to add to the widget section.
- Track the day of the month.
4→ Tap on Done to Save the changes. And That’s it. Click on Clock in Menu Bar and see Calendar.
Please write your feedback to us! Comment and Share this important solution.