Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Truly, Mac is an intelligent and fastest OS than others. We have Secure and Customized Mac OS for the All Mac user. If you have got a problem to organize same color folder file on your Mac? Then create its different look by following these articles. Put your important file in a single folder, after that you should require to change folder color in Mac and to make it handy so, you can easily handle it. Even, your focus will become at a glance on that specific folder. If you want to specialize categorized folder color, then you can keep an emergency or more useful file folder in red color, less important is the color in green, and keep others are in blue color.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Here are the two ways to vary your Mac folder color. So, let’s beneath and look step to change the folder color in macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, macOS High Sierra, Mac OS EI Capitan, Mac X Mavericks, Yosemite and Same for macOS Sierra. Related useful Mac Software for the USA and, for the UK.
Innovative for you: How to run Window apps on Mac without Reboot
How to Change the Folder color in macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave High Sierra: Yosemite, Mavericks, EI Capitan
Update/Set Folder Color, Saturation using Color Picker Tools
- Right-click on Folder which you want to change folder color on MacBook, Mac. and then click on “Get Info”
- Then you can appear folder info in a popup.
- Click on folder’s icon (not preview) inside of folder info pop up then go Edit Menu >> select Copy.
- Text “Preview” in Spotlight Search after that, you can see a folder window for preview
- Now, Click on File Menu >> select New from Clipboard
- Tools >> select Adjust Color … >> you can see color picker, choose the color from a color picker that you want.
- Close color picker tools and Go, Edit menu and choose to Select all option
- After that again in Edit >> choose Copy option and minimize preview window
- Again move on folder info popup, and click on folder’s icon (not preview) inside of folder info pop up then go Edit Menu >> select Paste.
Unable to Make Color Folder: Restart your Mac and Try Again.
Video Tutorial on How to Change Folder Color on macOS X Big Sur, Catalina, and Earlier
Alternate Ways to Change Folder Color on macOS Mavericks
If you are Mavericks user, then these are the best alternative methods that let you change folder color within a minute. Learn how to change folder color on macOS Mavericks.
The 1st way for Mavericks
- First, choose the folder, which you want to change its color.
- Click, on ‘’File’’ from the Topside of the Menu. You can see it on the right side of the Finder menu.
- Now, in File menu drop-down and select ‘’Label’’ option at the bottom of the list. There you can get three different colors likewise, Red, Green, and Blue. Select one of them after that, you can look at the different color of select Folder.
The 2nd way for Mavericks
- Right-click on the select folder and one menu will pop up your screen. From them select the ‘’label’’ menu option and choose one color from given all. Using this way you can do fast.
Let’s, to know us in a comment, how much use this guideline, how to change the folder color in Mac OS X. Get daily updates of this site by subscribing to our E-mail alert.
You can also read about the Apple new Smartphone iPhone 6/ 6 Plus, iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus, 7/7 Plus. Like? Share it.