Often people choose weird usernames for their social media profiles, and later question themselves why have I chosen this username? If you came up with the same question, then continue to read the article and learn how to change TikTok Username on iPhone and Android mobile [Add new Unique or Popular Username]. A username of social profiles like TikTok represents your identity, you cannot just pick a senseless word to show the world who you really are. The username must be relevant, that matches with your work, personality, and obviously your age. Besides, your TikTok username will stick to all of your videos that you’ve made using TikTok.
Compare to any other apps, TikTok is highly customizable, it allows you to change username anytime using the app interface. It’s a pretty simple and a few step processes to change the TikTok ID on iPhone. However, there is one condition, once you change the TikTok username, thereafter, you cannot change it again for 30 days. Another thing is, to create unique identities, the username should be uncommon, TikTok will show error is you use the username already taken by someone else.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Note: Its important to know that your TikTok Username is your TikTok’s Profile Link/ID, so when you change the TikTok Username, the TikTok Profile Link will also change. So I’d suggest if it is necessary then only change the TikTok Username, otherwise, you’ll have to replace the TikTok Profile Link wherever you’ve used or shared on other Social Media Apps.
How to Change TikTok ID, Username on TikTok iPhone, Android
Let’s jump to the tutorial and change the TikTok username on iPhone and Android app. Go with the steps.
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile.
- Login to your TikTok account, ignore if already logged in.
- Tap on Me, which resembles your profile settings, on the bottom-right corner.
- Select Edit profile appears in Red Color.
- Choose Username.
- Erase the current username and enter new.
- Try to enter a unique username, which is already not used by anyone, Tap on Save. Once you set Username you can change your username once every 30 days.
- Lastly, New Username will appear on your Profile and Public search as well.
- That’s it.
Mistakenly, if you failed to choose a unique username, then you’ll be notified on the Edit profile page, after saving the username. So, once again you’ll have to search for available username and hit Save.
How to Change Your TikTok Username Without Waiting 30 Days
It is not possible to change the TikTok username before 30 days, however only if you follow the correct way. However, by tweaking the date and time settings of your phone, we can still change the username of TikTok without waiting for 30 days, no need to violate the TikTok policy.
On your iPhone,
- Go to the Settings
- Tap General.
- Select Date & Time.
- Disable Set Automatically, ignore if already set to Off.
- Then, set the Date, counting the 30 days from today.
- For instance, if today is 23 May 2020, then you’ve to set the date to 23 June 2020.
On your Android,
- Open Settings
- Search for Date and time
- Turn Off Set Automatically, if enabled.
- Next, set the system Date to 30 days from today.
- Like, if today is 23 May 2020, then change it to 23 June 2020.
Now Change the TikTok Username,
- Open the TikTok. Make sure you’ve logged into TikTok.
- On the bottom, tap Me.
- Choose Edit Profile.
- Hit Username.
- Remove the old username and type the new one.
- Save it.