Last Updated on Dec 23, 2020
Not to mention, AirPods and AirPods Pro can be paired and used with all Bluetooth-enabled devices including Android, Windows, and Chromebook. Though, if you own the Apple ecosystem then it’s fairly easy to sync the AirPods with iPhone, Mac, iPad, and other Apple Devices. Whereas, with the non-Apple device, you would need to perform this process manually and pair it by using Bluetooth just like you do with any other Bluetooth headphone.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Like any other device, I’ll show you simple steps to pair and connect AirPods with Chromebook. Keep note that when AirPods are paired with Chromebook, you can’t update the firmware, can’t check the real-time battery status, and of course, automatic pairing won’t work.
How to Pair any AirPods with Chromebook
Make sure to keep the AirPods and Chromebook in range of around 20 feet to get the best results, otherwise, AirPods will disconnect. Also, disconnect AirPods from any other device before pairing it with Chromebook.
- Turn on the Chromebook.
- Click on the Network icon where you can access Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Battery Percentage, and other functions.
- From there enable the Bluetooth, when Bluetooth is turned on, it will be in Blue color.
- Let the Chromebook search for nearby Bluetooth devices, the AirPods should appear in the list.
- Can’t see AirPods? Then press the back button on the AirPods charging case and wait until Chromebook recognizes the AirPods.
- When the AirPods appears in the list, click on it and let it pair with Chromebook.
- You may see a pop-up confirming the pairing.
How to Unpair AirPods from Chromebook
The easiest way to unpair the AirPods and AirPods Pro from Chromebook are to turn off the Bluetooth on the Chromebook. Alternatively, you can press and hold the back button of the AirPods charging case to disconnect from the Chromebook.
If the above steps are not useful or unable to pair with Chromebook Chrome OS then follow the below, Quick Solutions.
- Restart your Chromebook.
- Clean up AirPods connector inside the case using Earbuds. Then Reset AirPod [By Press and Hold on Button given on Charging case until you see amber light flashing on AirPods Case].
- Keep your AirPods on Charge for at least 15 minutes with Direct Wall Plug.
- Check Volume Settings on your Chromebook, Turn on Speaker from your Chromebook keyboard, or Select AirPods as output Audio device from the speaker icon at the bottom. also, Adjust the Left or Right Audio balance under the Audio settings on chrome OS.
Authentication Failed While Connecting to AirPods Chromebook
There are plenty of reasons why AirPods authentication failed while connecting to Chromebook, however, solutions are limited but work. Since you can’t connect AirPods to Chromebook, we’d highly recommend to reset the AirPods and make sure they are up to date.
If they’re paired and connected with any iOS or iPadOS device, then follow the steps. Or try to pair them with any Apple iPhone or iPad, this will help you reset correctly.
- Place the AirPods in the case and close the lid.
- After 30 seconds, open the lid.
- Now, open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, visit the Bluetooth section and tap on (i) next to AirPods and select Forget This Device.
- While the charging case’s lid is open, press the setup button on the back until the status light flashes amber.
- Once you’re done with it, try to connect AirPods with Chromebook.
Like resetting, updating AirPods is only possible when AirPods are paired with an Apple device. There is no manual process to update the AirPods, it will automatically update when new Firmware is available and certain conditions are met, such as,
AirPods will only update when they are in the charging case, and the charging case is connected with the charger, and of course near the iPhone or iPad, to which they are paired.
Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting from my Chromebook?
Certainly, Apple AirPods works best when used with Apple devices. However, AirPods can be used with any Bluetooth enabled devices, but it won’t provide any Apple oriented features while using it with a non-Apple device.
If AirPods keeps disconnecting from Chromebook, all you can do is, Reset and Update the AirPods as we’ve mentioned above. At the same time, make sure the Chromebook is running on the latest ChromeOS.
Are you looking for more solutions then connect with us on the below comment. Don’t miss to Share your Feedback and Problems related to this article.