Last Updated on Mar 25, 2022
Get the ultimate guide to fix safari crashing on iOS or macOS. Apple has gone ahead with its iOS device software and, released its new seed of iOS. As well as we noticed a daily lot of usual apps like Safari browser, iBook, Mail app started crashing after update iOS. So if you are coming with the same issue then you are not a single guy, but there are many users around the globe. they reporting their issue on suddenly started safari crashes after the iOS update.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
In case if you’re looking for a quick solution to it, then try following straightforward tricks. Hope this would be helpful to resolve your iPhone safari issue.
Get More: Solution for Safari running Slow on Mac
Ultimate Ways to Rectify Safari Crashing on iPhone and Mac’s
Tip 1: Use Private browsing mode
Try private browsing mode on the safari browser, because it is working fine with running the latest iOS devices. if you want to surf in (Non-private mode) general mode then apply beneath clue.
Tip 2: Turn Off Safari Suggestion on iPhone
You should use the Safari search bar with turned off Safari Suggestions. If you need an idea about turning off it then, get below how to disable Safari Suggestions on iPhone.
- Step 1. Tap on Settings
- Step 2. Navigate Safari
- Step 3. Make turn off Safari Suggestions. And make disable Serch engine Suggestions.
If your iPhone has already deactivated the safari suggestion and however, you seem safari crashes problem, please restart your iPhone/ iPad.
Close All Tabs
So far we’ve opened and tested more than 100 tabs in Safari browser on MacBook, iPhone, and iPad, but that’s not the limit. More active tabs can result in the app crashing and downgrade the app functionality. Therefore, always close the Safari tabs when you are done with it.
Close Multiple Tabs in iOS,
- In the Safari app, tap on the Tab icon and choose Close All [number] Tabs.
Close Multiple Tabs in macOS,
- Press the Option(Alt) button and click on the File.
- Select Close Other Tabs.
Check For Software Update
Get an auto-fix solution from the new update, Check for a new update on your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone > General > Software Update > Download and install.
For macOS Mojave or later:
- Click on the Apple
- Go to System Preferences > Software Update.
For Other macOS,
- Go to the Mac App Store and click on Update tab > Update All.
Examine Mac from Activity Monitor (For Mac)
If you’re experiencing the Safari Crashing issues on Mac Big Sur or MacOS, then look at the Activity Monitor of the Mac, that will show you which applications are eating more and more processor of the Mac.
- Press Command+Space bar to launch Spotlight
- Type Activity Monitor and open it.
- Select Memory
- Sort the list by applications that are using more processors of the Mac.
- Click on the app to select and then (x) to close that app.
Reset All Settings (Only for iOS)
Reset settings for the device erase all the values in the settings app for all apps and more. All setting saves to the default value on the iPhone. It will delete the saved Wi-Fi networks, dont worry all of your personal data is safe.
- Go to the Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
Steps to Reset All Settings in iOS 15 and Later Version
Go to the “Settings” app > Tap “General” > Find and open tap “Transfer or Reset iPhone” > Tap “Reset” > Lastly tap on “Reset All Settings”
> For security reasons, you will be asked to enter the iPhone Passcode. >Tap Confirm Reset All Settings. > After that iPhone will reboot.
Clear Safari Cache and Data
Cache files play an important role in loading the websites, speedily. All these files make it easy for the web pages to load faster when you visit the second time. Though, it might slow down the Safari app. In that case, clear Safari cache and data on Mac and iOS devices.
On your Mac,
- Launch the Safari app.
- Click on the Safari option > Preferences.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Check off the box of Show Develop menu in the menu bar.
- Now close the Preferences and on the top menu, click on Develop.
- Hit Empty Caches.
- Similarly, click on History and Clear History.
On your iPhone,
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad.
- Locate the Safari app.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data.
- Read the pop-up and confirm Clear History and Data.
Delete Preferences File of Safari (Only for Mac)
Remove the preferences file of the Safari app from the Mac, it’s the best way to fix the Safari crashing on MacBook Pro, Mac.
- Launch Finder.
- Click on Go > Go to folder.
- Enter the path: ~/Library/Safari/.
- All the Safari app-related files will be highlighted, drag them to the Trash.
Force Restart or Reboot iPhone and Mac
For iPhone 8 or later:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 7/7Plus:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Side button until your see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 6S or earlier:
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Click on the Apple logo > Restart.
Steps – what to do if Safari is crashing in macOS
- Step 1. Open Safari
- Step 2. Click Safari in the status bar, then click on Preferences
- Step 3. Click the Search tab
- Step 4. Under “Smart Search Field,”
- Step 5. Make disable means uncheck the box of “Include search engine Suggestions” and “Include Safari Suggestions”.
There are no other magic ways to fix it and do not try from your side, because the better thing for you is to downgrade to the old iOS version or wait until the company has resolved this bug. All the best, hope Apple can solve it fast.
Even if you find any useful way to fix safari crashing on the latest iOS or macOS? please share it in the comment box. Send feedback to Apple