Last Updated on Mar 10, 2022
In this article, Get fixes on Why Does Safari Take So Long to Open on mac after macOS update? Apple user has one of the best web browsers that is Safari. However, more users of Google Chrome are available in the market compared to Apple’s Safari. So, without lost privacy, let’s fix your Browser problem using the below unique solutions and Quickly load all types of web pages (Such as Facebook, Udemy, Linkedin, Twitter, ESPN, Outlook..) on Safari Browser.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Instead, they should fix Safari complications like Safari running super slow on macOS 12 Monterey 2022, Big Sur/Catalina, or Mojave. Safari won’t open so that Safari won’t load a page, browsers not working after update safari not loading on MacBook, and more. There is a way to get solutions to all these problems. So let’s get started with them to Speed up a slow internet connection on Mac.
Hopefully, these all feasible solutions will help you to make safari faster on mac.
How Do I Fix Slow Safari on My Mac! The Complete Solutions
is Safari Slow in MacOS Monterey? Follow this
several macOS Monterey users reported the issue with the Internet slow on Mac after the macOS Monterey update. The app adds becuase of too many privacy features. The main reason is that might be. Follow the one by one and check internet speed on speed test tools like fast.com
- Turn off iCoud Private Relay from network, You will get huge change in speed based on my past experince. Becuase apple’s Proxy server might be slow or down some of the time. Apple Logo > System Preferences > Networks > Select Your network from side bar > Uncheck “Use iCloud Private Relay”. Get more guide on iCloud Private Relay.
- Turn off Hiding IP Address from Trackers and Website in Safari Privacy Preferences. Open Safari on Mac > Preferences > Privacy > Unckeck Hide IP Address. and That’s it. Get more detail on Enable/Disable Hide IP Address on Mac, iPhone and iPad.
1. Make Sure the Automatic Proxy Detection is Unchecked
This setting is handy for privacy reasons, but the Proxy server and some configurations might be creating the problem of slow internet. Unchecking the Automatic Poxy dectation can help bypass the proxy server, or Mac users can get straight internet connectivity if the Proxy server is not available for them.
- Go to Apple Logo (appear on top menubar) > System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced.
Hopefully, now, your mac safari in macOS 12 runs like rocket speed.
2. Disable Search Suggestions Safari Mac
Search Suggestions improve the user’s experience as you connected with your apple device. Search Suggestions use Siri search running across all of your Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, Homepod, or Apple Watch. According to your Favorite search, you can quickly get the exact find on your Mac as well.
Sometimes this feature is useless; by turning off “Search Suggestions Safari,” as a result, you can get more benefits on a slow safari or mac system.
- Open Safari on Mac, From top Mac Menu, Safari > Preferences.
if you like this feature and don’t want to turn it off, then you should check the other safari settings and get the exact solution of Why is Safari on my Mac so slow?
3 Disable DNS Prefetching in Safari Mac
Is your Mac sending DNS Queries to the network via Router, and Your Router can’t handle such requests on time? As a result, you will get a slow response from the internet. If the DNS Prefetching is enabled, then your Safari browser on Mac sends DNS Request to load the website the very first time. So keep turning off DNS Prefetching on your Mac Safari is a Great solution if this happens with your System. Below I recommend trying Alternate methods for Disable DNS Prefetching on Mac or Macbook running on any MacOS.
- Change DNS Service Provider for Slow Safari:
By default, our DNS settings are provided by ISP. Instead, this time we will try to use public DNS, which might boost up Safari. The best DNS server is Google DNS; probably everyone, including me, is using Google DNS. This action does not only help for safari but also get the solution for “How do I fix slow Internet on Mac?
- Step #1: Click to open the “Apple Logo” from the Top Mac menu and then open “System Preferences”.
- Step #2: Open “Network”.
- Step #3: Select the network on which your MacBook is connected.
- Step #4: Click on “Advanced”.
- Step #5: Now tap (+) and add a DNS server.
Or You Should Use OpenDNS
Enter 208.67. 222.222 and 208.67. 220.220 in the list. Click on Ok to apply changes and test internet speed on safari.
Alternate Method to Disable Prefetching in Safari Using Terminal
This method is also helpful to disable DNS Prefatcinhg on Mac Using Terminal, Open Terminal under the utility folder. Open Finder on Mac > From top Menu > Go > Applications.
- Under the Applications folder > Utility > Terminal.
- Type below command, and Hit the Return to run command,
defaults write com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabl
Force Quite safari and Re_open safari browser to test it. If some time is not working fine after disabling DNS Prefetcinhg, then turn on it back; using this command,
defaults write com.apple.safari WebKitDNSP
Also, you check internet speed using an online free Speed testing tool. www.fast.com by Netflix. Also,
Don’t miss out on other essential settings; these will improve your Safari Browsing speed without losing Privacy and switch to a third-party browser.
4. Open Empty Page on Safari: No More Load every time
Had issues with slow new tabs as well. We fixed it by opening an empty page instead of the starting screen. Safari Browser has too many hidden customizations that most of the Safari users don’t know.
Open Emply blank space is a great tip to start quick browsing and open on your Mac. Follow the below steps,
- Open Safari on Mac > From top Mac Menu Safari > Preferences.
That’s it. Now, your Safari page will not load any data on New Tab or Window, But also, you should check What’s loading with the webpage when you open it. Along with Webpage Files, Installed Third-Party Plugins and Add-ons also check and Gether details from Webpage. Sometimes that’s not needed, So disable or remove Unused Plugins or Add-Ons. Also, Keep all up-to-date.
5. Force Close and Re-Launch With “Shift” Key
Your Safari Browser is slow because the affected website is opened in the background; some laggy websites consume more Memory than your Mac, that’s the cause of slow down Safari performance. TO quickly get it out, Mac users have to Force close safari and Relauchc with Refresh Safari memory.
- While safari open on your Screen, Press Command + Q to force close safari browser.
- Press the Shift key from the keyboard Click on Safari from the launchpad to launch it again. So your Safari browser load just like opening it the first time.
- That’s it.
If Safari is not loading the image, Data [Why are images not showing up in Safari on my Mac?], for a specific website, then you should check with the safari Private window.
6. Test With Private Window
Safari Saved lots of data from the internet in cache and cookies for load faster on the following visit of the same website. Private Browing mode, Doesn’t interest old data saved on Mac or Naver keep new data. So that’s a great way to test the Actual Speed of your Safari browser.
- Open Safari on Mac, From Top Mac Menu, File > New Private Window.
Start Doing a Safe search without loading extra Plugins or Safari Extensions installed on your Mac.
7. Test Other Safari Plugins and Add-ons
An outdated or Unsupported safari extension installed on your Mac gives a slow browsing experience. So, I am recommending disabling Safari Extension or Update Pending updated from Mac App Store. Based on experience, some extensions cannot load websites like youtube on a standard browser, but Private browsing allows to open websites. Because installed Extension will not load on Private browsing, that’s proved you have a problem with Extensions.
- Open Safari on Macbook Mac computer.
- Now, From the top menu Safari > Preference.
- Then, Go with the Extensions tab and Find all installed Extensions.
Update Safari Extension on Mac: Open App Store on Mac > Search Extension then Click on Update button for download and install New updates with the latest macOS.
is Youtube slow on safari Mac?
It could be happened due to an unhealthy add-on run on your mac for safari. Some extension makes safari youtube fullscreen lag, Safari Weird behavior Scroll through comments in Youtube on Safari and it does animation is slow. for that, you will have to disable an extension that harmful for safari,
let’s what to do for that,
- On the Safari menu bar click Safari > choose Preferences then select the Extensions tab.
Turn that OFF,
- Next, quit and relaunch Safari to test.
hopefully, this worked; after this,
- Turn one extension on then quit and re-open Safari to test until you navigate the incompatible extension for your mac
then click uninstall.
Your work is done.
Read more: Tips to Speed up Slow Mac after macOS update
8. Clear Cache, Extension, History
Problems with safari after an update? Let’s see a solution- If your day begins and ends with Mac and Safari, then you probably should clear cache, extensions, and history periodically. They eat your Mac’s storage and slow down the Safari. It is worth deleting all this and making some space.
- Step #1: Open “Safari”.
- Step #2: Click “Preferences” and open “Advanced”.
- Step #3: At the bottom click to enable the “Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar” menu in the menu bar.
- Step #4: Head over and click on Develop > “Empty Caches”.
- Step #5: Now, again click on “Disable Extensions”.
- Step #6: Go back to the “Safari” menu and click on “Clear History” instead of Preferences.
9. NVRAM Restart (cmd+opt+P+R) – And it Solved
NVRAM Store mac startup data for a quick jump into work, We can clear up those corrupted or Outdated Mac system Data by Reseting it. Here are a few Keyboard shortcuts that we have to try on Restart your Mac. This process doesn’t wipe any files or Data from the Mac drive; this Process only Refreshes the startup date by Cleaning and Rebuilding the process.
- From the Apple logo click on Shut Down.
- Immediately Press [cmd+opt+P+R] Keys from a keyboard after press the power key,
- Your mac will only play startup sound but won’t turn on. which means you have to perform NVRAM Restart. Leave all the keys and allow to turn on your Mac itself.
- That’s it.
M1 Macbook Mac Safari Slow:
To Boost Laggy Safari browsing, There are no more changes in settings. To perform each of the steps in the same way. But Resetting RAM quit Different on your M1 MBA[Air] or M1 Macbook Pro & M1 MacMini.
- M1 Silicon Mac stores data on RAM and users don’t need to reset it. Because mac reset it automatically while restarting your Mac. if you have to reset that, then simply restart the Mac.
- That’s it.
Important: Mostly M1 Mac Users affected by Browser Extension installed on Mac, So I highly recommend Disable one by one and test the experiments.
10: Manually Clear Cache.DB file
The above solution must work properly, but if anything goes wrong or the cache isn’t deleted, try this one.
- Step #1: Open the “Finder” window on mac.
- Step #2: From the top Menu Click “Go” and then click on “Go to Folder…”.
- Step #3: Enter the below command and click on Go button,
- Now as soon as the folder opens click on the .db file and move to trash.
- That’s it.
Note: Before performing this action, close the Safari app.
11: Remove Safari Preferences File
Auto-Generated Plist files in the mac file system save massive browsing data; some of the data is useful and needed in the future. So I recommend deleting those files after backup in a separate folder. Follow the below steps to find the safari plist file under the Mac preferences folder.
We can take our chances to fix Safari running slow on macOS Monterey with this solution.
- Step 1: Click on “Finder” and tap on “Go”.
- Step 2: Next, click on “Go to Folder”.
- Step 3: Enter the path,
Now locate the com.apple.Safari……plist and Remove it. Then restart your Mac so after power on, the file come back automatically, and the browser will load fast.
12: Change Network Service also works to Speed up internet on Mac
If you have connected Mac to Wi-Fi and Ethernet, then it can be a reason behind the slow performance of Safari. Remove one network connection and observe if it has any effect on it.
By default, Mac will give priority to only one network. But if you want, then you can change the order of the priority and switch connections.
Here’s how you can change the priority of the network service
- Step 1: Open the “Apple” menu and click on “System Preferences”.
- Step 2: Next, click on “Network” and then open the “Action pop-up” menu.
13. Solution Use Safari Alternatives For Mac (Chrome or Firefox)
There is plenty of free Browsers for MacOS. Those are even faster than the Safari browser. Sometimes the user has to switch to another browser because Safari is not working correctly with Extension, Crashing & Other Serious problems; according to my Experience Google Chrome for mac work superfast even Extension is enabled.
Mac users can go with Trusted Desktop Browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, Tor Browser, Vivaldi, and many more. In addition, you can get more ideas from shortlisted top Best Browsers for Mac.
- Are you looking for how to set google as the default browser on mac? get here How to change the default web browser on Mac?
14. Reverting back to Big sur or Mojave as a Reliable solution
Are you interested only in Safari Browser on your Mac? Recent macOS update or After MacOS updates, you feel uncomfortable and not using preciously, then I recommend switching back to earlier macOS. Here’s my video tutorial on how to move back to Earlier MacOS for Big Sur installed Mac.
15: Reinstall macOS Big Sur/Catalina
Unfortunately, if none of the above works for you, you have to follow this extreme path. Other than Safari, if you face any problems in Mac or MacBook, it will be fixed with this troubleshooting. Get here how to Reinstall macOS 12.
16: Change Login Account on Mac & Repair Disk
Another weird solution for this issue is to change the user account. Create a new account and try to use Safari, see if anything changes.
Besides, we will use Disk Utility to fix this issue. Search Disk Utility from the Spotlight.
- Step #1: Once “Disk Utility” is an on-screen tap on the Hard Drive of Mac.
- Step #2: Now, click on the “First Aid” tab and click “Run”.
17: Update macOS to Speed up internet on Mac
If you haven’t updated macOS, then you might face several issues. First, the new update contains all the bug fixes probably, and it will also include Safari. So update MacBook to the latest version, if available.
- Go to Apple Logo on top menu bar > System preference > Choose Software update > if any update available – please download and install macOS.
After doing it, Check for a safari web browser. I hope now safari will give you accelerated experience than ever before. Or go with the following solution.
18: Optimize Search Settings in Safari on Mac
All the time, we are accusing Safari of being slow, but every time it isn’t possible. So there is a possibility that the search browser you are using is facing situations, so Safari is running slow on macOS. If this is the problem, then we can fix it by changing the search settings.
- Step #1: Go to the “Safari” app and open “Preferences”.
- Step #2: Click on the “Search” tab.
Try to change the search engine to Bing. After that, restart the Safari and observe whether the issue is fixed or not.
19: Upgrade Your Mac: RAM, SSD Hard Drive
Any action is not helpful from the above solutions to fix burning questions: How can I speed up Safari on Mac? I recommend upgrading the internal Hard-drive. have you any technicality and experience on upgrade computer. You can do it yourself. Get strict with Apple store or Third-Party Service center or concern with your Friends. None of the options helped you then share your comment for upgradations tips. Here are the top best SSD drives to upgrade your mac machine
None of the above workarounds is helpful, and then you should submit a feedback request to apple. So, Apple catches your Problem in the right way and Gets a chance to fix it with the new macOS update.
Do you find any other trick to fix Safari running very slow on Mac after an update? Let me know in the comments!