Last Updated on Sep 16, 2021
This article is helpful in Erasing will sign out of your Apple ID and remove your personal data, So this iPhone can be safely traded in or given away. Also, your iPhone will ask to enter your Apple ID password to turn off Find My and Activation Lock. To keep your phone away or want to sell your phone to another person than as a genuine owner, the first step is, you must have erased all content and settings and make your phone factory default.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
In this guide, I’ll help you to format your bigger screen iPhone running the latest iOS. Therefore, follow instructions step by step and do your today’s job successfully. I’m assured that using this article; you get an expert-level solution and no need to take a trip to Apple store or other third-party Apple service providers. Please be patient and move carefully.
iPad users can follow the same method to Erase the iPad completely from settings given on the device.
Guide to Reset or Erase Any iPhone to Factory Settings
Note: Before attempting steps to erase your iPhone, take a backup if your needs any of your personal data again.
Erase All Content & Settings in iOS 15 or later
- Step #1. Launch the Settings App and Tap General. Next, scroll down to Transfer or Reset iPhone Option (iPad User can see: Transfer or Reset iPad).
- Step #2. Now, Tap Erase All Content and Settings and Click on Continue.
- Step #3. Wait a while and if you asked, enter your passcode.
- Step #4. Next, Enter Apple ID Password for Remove Activation lock and Find My. confirm that you want to erase your iPhoneto factory default.
Erase All Content & Settings in iOS 14 & Earlier
- Step #1. Launch the Settings App
- Step #2. Tap General
- Step #3. Next, scroll down to Reset
- Step #4. Now, Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Step #5. Wait a while and if you asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID Password
- Step #6. Next, confirm that you want to erase your iPhone XS Max to factory default.
Wait for your iPhone XS Max to Erase
Depending on your iPhone XS Max storage, it can take a few minutes to erase your data & information.
What to do I can’t erase my iPhone?
I think you don’t remember your passcode for your iPhone XS max or your iPhone is disabled
In case of you forgot Screen Time Passcode, then restoring your iPhone using a backup won’t remove the screen time passcode.
Still facing problems for your iPhone then please contact Apple Support:
You can chat, email, or phone call on Apple Support number. In more, for your convenience, you can schedule a call.
For example, if you’re from the USA, please take a phone and make a phone call on this
Call 1-800-MY-APPLE (800-692-7753). This number if for Apple USA help desk support.
On a phone call, the Apple executive will give your case ID via email for further assistance. That’s the world’s top leading services on the planet.