Last Updated on Jan 4, 2021
in this article, I will explain to you how to reset Apple ID? Are you inconvenience to sign in with Apple ID and Password on the download app? also, Check mail and Use your Backup on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac. Here’s the quick guide on how to change Apple ID password using iforgot option by apple via your PC or Mac Browser or from iPhone.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Lot’s of people were getting issues when he/she failed to login signed apple ID using the device. So they are changing Apple ID and using new. But beware of it, because you might face serious issues like Loss GBs Downloaded Songs, Unable to sign out for Apple ID for other Apple Devices that use the same Apple ID.
How do I change the Apple ID Password using iForgot Apple ID on iPhone?
Method 1: From Apple’s Website
- Step 1: Go to this iforgot.apple.com Apple ID page on iPhone, iPad, Mac Safari Browser.
firstname.lastname@example.org is not an Apple ID: Double-check from a spell and use the correct Apple ID.
- Step 2: Enter your Apple ID and Captcha, Next Click on Continue.
- Step 3: Now enter the Mobile number connected to this account.
Another Option is Reset Apple ID password from another device or using the trusted phone number.
Find your easy way, and go with the preferred options to reset Apple ID.
You will get the verification code, enter this. For more security check apple may ask to enter your card detail that use to purchase apple services and products.
Set a new Password (Enter Two times).
Method 2: From iOS Device
This is pretty straightforward method to reset the Apple ID password if you have an iPhone or iPad right now. No need to follow tedious process by visiting the Apple’s website.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad.
- Tap on your name.
- Hit Password & Security.
- Tap Change Password.
- You’ll be asked to enter the iPhone’s passcode, only if iCloud is signed in and the passcode is enabled.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and reset the Apple ID Password.
Method 3: From Mac, MacBook
Likewise, if you have Mac nearby you, then use the default options to reset the Apple ID password directly from the Mac System Preferences.
For macOS Catalina or Later:
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on Apple ID.
- Select Password & Security.
- You may be asked to enter the Apple ID Password, that you don’t remember, so click on Forgot Apple ID or password.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions and Change Password of Apple ID from the MacBook, Mac.
- Also, for the confirmation, enter the Mac Admin Password when asked.
For macOS Mojave, High Sierra, or Sierra,
- Click on the Apple logo on the top menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click iCloud.
- Click Account Details.
- Choose Forgot Apple ID or password, when you are asked to enter the Apple ID Password and go with the on-screen instructions and skip the rest of the steps.
- Alongside this, click Security.
- Go with Reset Password or Change Password.
- Enter the MacBook, Mac admin password, when asked.
Method 4: Using Apple Support App
Apple Support App is also a great alternative to other options, if you can manage another iOS or iPadOS device.
- To download the Apple Support App, the iPhone or iPad must be running iOS 12 or later.
- Download the Apple Support App on iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the Apple Support app.
- Select Password & Security in the Topics section.
- Tap Reset Apple ID Password and then Get Started.
- Select A different Apple ID.
- Here, enter the Apple ID of which you want to reset the password and tap Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and reset the password.
Method 5: Using Find My iPhone App
Find My Phone is also a good option to reset the Apple ID Password, if you can’t manage to get the iPhone or iPad running iOS 12 or later.
- Launch the Find My iPhone app on other iOS or iPadOS device.
- In the Sign In screen, remove any other Apple ID if there’s any available.
- Then, tap on Forgot Apple ID or Password.
- And now follow the on-screen prompts and instructions to reset the Apple ID Password.
- If there’s no Sign In screen, then you might need to Sign Out of your current Apple ID inside the Find My iPhone app and again follow these steps.
Method 6: Still Can’t Change or Reset Apple ID Password?
Can’t reset or change the Apple ID password by using the above steps? It happens, if you’re not signed in to iCloud on the correct device or also when Two-Factor Authentication is enabled you won’t be able to reset the password.
Apple ID with or without security questions:
- Visit the Apple ID Account page on a web browser.
- And select Forgot Apple ID or password option.
- Enter the Apple ID and choose to reset.
- Click Continue.
- There will be three options to reset the password,
- By Answering the security questions.
- Get Email to recover Apple ID.
- Or if you’re asked for Recovery Key, then prefer the steps for Two-Step Verification (jump to next section for two-step verification) or Two-Step Authentication.
Account with Two-Factor Authentication
- Open the Apple ID Account Page on a web browser.
- Enter the Apple ID to reset the password.
- Now you’ve to enter the recovery code provided by Apple during the setup of Two-Step Verification.
- Select the Trusted device to receive the verification code.
- Enter the verification code and create a new password.
- Lastly, choose Reset Password.
Once you change the old password, you need to enter the new password on all Apple Devices that using the same Apple ID for Apple Music, Messages, FaceTime, iBooks, Photos, Game Center, iTunes & App Store.