Last Updated on Mar 31, 2021
Why Your Microphone On Apple Watch Not Working and Disables for Calls, Text, FaceTime Calls, Siri? Here’s the fix. Apple Watch is a great mixture of all the major functions including calling, messaging, and more. So it’s hard to find where is the problem with the apple watch. here you can find the solution from the root. However, there are some apps that need the microphone must without a microphone they are useless. Unfortunately, you are the victim of the microphone not working on the Apple Watch, you might want to refer to this tutorial to fix the Microphone not working on Apple Watch Series or on any Apple Watch after the watchOS update.
The Apple Watch is a quite tiny gadget, so it is difficult to identify where is the microphone in Apple Watch. Read on to know the exact location of the microphone in Apple Watch. Repair Apple Watch Microphone yourself without investing a penny.
Where is Microphone in Apple Watch? Microphone Location on Apple Watch 4/3/2
It is normal that users don’t know where is the microphone on the Apple Watch as the location of Microphones in the Apple Watch frequently changes with new watches. So if you are looking for the microphone in Apple Watch Series 4 then it is right between Digital Crown and Side button. Whereas in Apple Watch Series 3 or earlier the microphone is on the back edge of the Watch.
Complete Guide on Apple Watch Microphone not Working for Call, Siri, or FaceTime
How to Clean an Apple Watch Microphone
- Use Soft Brush To Remove Corpuscle Dust on Microphone Hole
Find the exact location of the Microphone on your Apple Watch 4, Apple Watch 3, or Earlier in the above screen. Now use a soft baby brush and clean up Dust carefully. don’t use water or chemicals to clean up the microphone net. Now Your Apple Watch Can listen to boosted sound and easily pass into call or Work on your Siri command. Still not fixed follow other solutions.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Solution 1: Reboot Apple Watch and iPhone
Your iPhone and Apple Watch connection stuck, Reset and bind new connection after hard reboot your Apple Watch and iPhone.
There are many cases where the user gets a quick solution by simply rebooting the iPhone. However, our real culprit is Apple Watch, so we will also restart the Apple Watch too to get rid of the Microphone not working on Apple Watch.
For iPhone 8 or later:
- Step #1: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Step #2: Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Step #3: Hold down the Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
Step #1: Press and hold the Volume Down button and Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 6s Plus or earlier:
Step #1: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Home button and release them when you see the Apple icon on display.
For Apple Watch:
Step #1: Hold the Side button and when the slider appears, drag it to shut down Apple Watch. Likewise, press the Side button to turn on the Apple Watch.
Solution 2: Check for Updates
Microphone not working on Apple Watch 4, or on any other Apple Watch don’t worry, let’s begin the troubleshoot with updating the iPhone along with Apple Watch. The following are the steps that will guide you through the whole updating process of the iPhone as well as the Apple Watch.
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Step #2: Tap “General”.
- Step #3: Select “Software Update”.
- Step #4: If any pending update is available, tap “Download & Install”.
- Step #5: Wait until the update gets downloaded and installed on your device.
For Apple Watch:
- Step #1: Launch the “Apple Watch” app on your iPhone.
- Step #2: Tap the “My Watch” tab.
- Step #3: Choose “General”.
- Step #4: Select “Software Update”.
- Step #5: Enter the Passcode if asked to proceed and then download the update.
- Step #6: Sit back and relax let your Apple Watch finishes its work.
Solution 3: Apple Watch Can’t Listen to Siri, Command. Make Sure Siri is enabled
If the microphone not working while using Siri, then before doing anything make sure Siri is enabled on the iPhone along with on Apple Watch.
here’s how to turn on the microphone on apple watch to use Apple Watch Functionality using Siri and Dictation.
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app of your iPhone.
- Step #2: Tap “Siri & Search”.
- Step #3: Enable “Hey Siri”.
- On your Apple Watch,
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” and Scroll using the Side Digital Crown button.
- Step #2: Choose “Siri”.
- Step #3: There are two options available, whether to go for “Raise To Speak” or turn on “Hey Siri”.
- Step #4: Next, scroll down and select “Voice Feedback” and under “Siri Speaks”, make anyone select among, Always-On, Headphones only, or Control with Silent Mode.
This step applies to only Apple Watch Series 3 or later.
Solution 4: Enable Dictation & Use For Text Messages, Chat, Mail
Widely Apple Watch Users are using Dictation for send or Reply Text message, Chat Message or Mail. Dictation is Powerful compare to scribble. Dictation is auto-enabled on Apple Watch is it’s Enabled on your Paired iPhone.
Since if you are using a microphone only with Siri and not getting any response, then before doing anything you should make sure to turn on Dictation on the iPhone. Here’s how to enable Dictation on the iPhone.
- Step #1: Launch the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Step #2: Select “General”.
- Step #3: Tap “Keyboard”.
- Step #4: Turn on “Enable Dictation”.
Solution 5: Disable Restrictions if applied: Reset All Settings
- Reset All Settings for your iPhone, So your Apple Watch Settings goes to default options. Go to the Settings app on iPhone > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. [Your iPhone Data won’t affect with this option]
- Still Didn’t Work, After that Erase All content and Settings, Factory Restore Apple Watch auto fix all the problem.
- We can Erase Apple Watch using the Watch app on iPhone Or From Apple Watch as well.
- On iPhone: Open Watch App on iPhone > Tap on My Watch Tab > Tap on General > Scroll screen to end and Tap on Reset > Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings.
- On Your Apple Watch: Unlock Apple Watch and Go to Apple watch home App’s screen, Tap on Settings app > General > Scroll to Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
iPhone also allows us to completely disable Siri if we don’t prefer to use it, so go and check if you haven’t enabled the Restrictions for Siri on your iPhone. Follow the steps and disable restrictions on Siri.
- Step #1: Navigate to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “General”.
- Step #3: Tap “Restrictions”.
- Step #4: Disable the Restrictions for “Siri & Dictation”.
Microphone icon on Apple Watch
Apple Watch Appear different icon to notify Apple Watch user, About which app uses which functionality and active settings. Here’s you can learn the Apple Watch Status icon meaning. See my watch screen, showing Microphone in a status while. I am using Siri and Phone call via apple watch. and Take action to stop Using Microphone [Muted call on Apple watch, and Microphone icon is gone from status]
Apple Watch Microphone Repair Cost
Make sure that, your apple watch is under warranty period, Check Your Apple Watch Warranty Status online, using the apple watch serial number. and Get a chance of free repair, otherwise, pay for the repair, Given source is below.
Apple shared fixed service costs for repair service: screen replacement and other costs, Battery Service for specific apple watch model.
In Warranty and Apple Care+ Apple Watch users can fix all the issue on 0 cost.
See the full price list for apple watch Repair cost on Apple website.
Wrap Up! Hardware issues
if you know Apple Watch 3 and Apple Watch 4 is Water resistance, not waterproof so your apple watch is safe with Apple defined conditions, But not at too deep a water level. Water Damage Apple Watch or other internal issues you can find with the help of an apple genius center. Contact apple support online or Apple Support Number and raise your ticket or book an appointment at the nearby Apple store. I am sure you will get a satisfying solution for hardware issues.
Also, Share your Feedback With us that’s useful to other readers and us. For more help and troubleshooting solutions, share your problem with us. we are happy to help you.