Last Updated on Apr 6, 2021
Getting webpage error “Your Connection is not Private on iPhone/iPad” while use safari on iPhone/iPad. Also in the past article, we saw how to block popup on Safari iOS device. And here I am going to one more step ahead that makes you safe and secure from security warnings. But you know this, your website that trying to open on the iOS device is safe to work or trusted than you can do it without any more headache and trouble.
This Trick is working for All iPhones and iPad models. Or your connection is not private Mac (Chrome), Android.
Steps for fix and troubleshooting tips on “Your Connection is not private” on iPhone/iPad
Solution 1: Restart iPhone, Router, and Mac
On what device are you receiving the Connection is not private error message? iPhone, Mac, or iPad? No matter, what the device is, we will begin this troubleshoot by simply force restart the device including the Wi-Fi modem.
For iPhone 8 or later:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power button and let it go when the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Home button until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, or earlier:
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
- Click on the Apple logo and select Restart.
For Wi-Fi Router,
- Unplug the power adapter of the Wi-Fi Router and plug it back in after 2-3minutes.
Also read, Best Safari Alternative browsers
Solution 2: Disable VPN
In some cases, your connection is not private MacBook Pro appears due to faulty VPN service. Remember we always enable VPN when the website isn’t accessible? In today’s case you have to do the total opposite, disable the VPN so that the website loads.
Whether you’re using the VPN app, relates extension, or software, for once turn it off and try to reload the website.
Solution 3: Set Correct Date and Time
Both date and time need to be set correctly, to avoid random errors on the iPhone and Mac. Set the date and time to automatically, the device will detect your location and according to region, the date and time will be allotted to your device.
- For iOS, go to the Settings app > General > Date & Time and toggle on Set Automatically.
- For macOS, open the System Preferences > Date & Time > select the Set date and time automatically option. Click on the Lock icon to make changes.
Solution 4: Turn Off Security Software/App
Solution 5: Try These
Step 1: Open Safari on iPhone/iPad.
Step 2: Type the correct URL in the browser web address.
You agree with showing guidelines “This website may be impersonating “www.xyz.com” to steal your personal or financial information. You should go back to the previous page.”
But you want open anyway on your risk. Before the open the website, please read the details under “Show Details”.
Step 3: Now Click on Visit this website. Click on “Visit Website”
Solution 6: Use Safari in Private Mode
Use Safari private browsing; Private browsing makes your data safe saved in safari settings. Also, private browsing never saves cache data or history that causing issues with other website data and Devices as well.
- Open Safari > Tap on All Tabs viewer screen > Tap on the “Private” button icon.
Now, are you in private mode?
To get out of the private browser, repeat the step and again tap on a private button.
Solution 7: Clear Safari Cache
For iPhone, iPad:
- Go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.
- Enable Prevent Cross-Site Tracking
- Disable Camera and Microphone
- Launch Safari app > Click on Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data > Remove.
- Likewise, go to Safari > History > Clear History.
Still webpage in a loop or redirecting after force open URL in the browser. Contact your web developer, don’t open it until you fix it.
Solution 8: Only for Apple MacBook, Mac Computer
Press command+space bar to open Spotlight and using Spotlight search, open the Keychain Access.
Find the related certificate, click on Trust > Always Trust.
Enjoy your day and happy browsing. Suggestions and your essential tips are welcome in the comment for “Your Connection is Not Private”.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.