Last Updated on Oct 5, 2021
Know why is your FaceTime SharePlay is not Working in iOS 15, iPadOS 15 on iPhone, and iPad. Get Important Shareplay settings, How it works, and Supported apps and Devices. Shareplay in Latest iOS, iPadOS & MacOS unveiled for watch together in Beta mode [Wait for Public announcement from apple], Listen together and Entertain together any Movies and TV shows on Supported apps like Apple TV app, Apple Music, and Other Third-Party apps in a while. But if you are facing the issue while using Shareplay on FaceTime then find out the solutions given in this tutorial.
We have been updating this tutorial based on the real term Shareplay issue on FaceTime for iPhone, iPad, Mac at the end of this article.
When is shareplay coming out?
The only reason you can access shareplay right now on iPhone, iPad and Mac, Becuase it has been added as a feature for anyone in the betas only. So, wait for Apple’s upcoming Public Sub version Update release.
Fix SharePlay Problems on FaceTime iPhone, iPad
SharePlay Supported iPhone, iPad, Mac
- iOS 15.1 or later installed on iPhone. [Settings > General > Software Update on iPhone]
- iPadOS 15.2 or later installed on iPad. [Settings > General > Software Update on iPad]
- MacOS Monterey Public Installed on Mac [iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro/Air]. – Go to the Apple Logo > System Preferences > Software Update]
SharePlay Not working for Watch together and Listen together
To use Shareplay, All added devices in FaceTime Call must have active Subscriptions like Apple TV, Apple Music.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Some Content can’t watch & Listen together on FaceTime Shareplay, Becuase you must have it in the same region because some content is not available in your region. So, sometimes you will get the error “Unable to SharePlay“, This title isn’t available to SharePlay with People in different countries or regions. See the settings for your Country,
- Open the app store on your Device > Tap on Profile from the top Left corner of the screen > Tap on Profile name > Autohnticate Using Face ID/Touch ID > Country/Region > Change Country/Region. That’s it.
How to Enable SharePlay on iPhone, iPad
We can restrict from share your Apple TV app content and Apple Music song automatically share & Complately stop it from iPhone or iPad’s settings. Follow the below steps,
- Open the settings app on iPhone.
- Scroll and Find FaceTime > SharePlay [Make sure FaceTime enabled].
- Turn on Shareplay toggle and also enable Sharepaly for Individual apps like TV, Music.
- That’s it.
Now Force close, Try with Re-Connecting faceTime call and use SharePlay for Watch Together on Apple TV app or Listen together on the Music app.
The exact settings are also available on the iPad.
- Open the settings app on iPad > Scroll to FaceTime > SharePlay.
- Enable SharePlay toggle and Also enable the For TV and music app.
- That’s it.
Force close all apps from the iPad app switcher screen and Try on FaceTime to use Shareplay on TV or the Music app.
How SharePlay Works on FaceTime Call?
During FaceTime call, A FaceTime user can send requests to join Shareplay for Apple TV and music app automatically, when we open the app on Screen and play some content during FaceTIme call.
Other people in FaceTime calls will receive an invitation to join Shareplay, As you see on the second iPad screen.
And Start Watching together. The same method is also applicable for the Music apps.
Does FaceTime allow screen sharing?
Yes, if none of the App Like Apple TV, Apple Music open during FaceTime Call, we can do Share my Screen, From the FaceTime Option tool. Otherwise, we have to turn on
Apps that support shareplay
Now, Apple’s native app only supports FaceTime Share Play. For other third-party apps, iOS & iPadOS users have to wait for official announcements like Netflix.
Can you screen share Netflix on FaceTime?
Based on my Test, Netflix doesn’t support SharePlay for a while, So keep your Netflix app updated and wait for the official support & announcement.
Can you watch movies together on FaceTime?
Yes, we can watch Movies together on the Apple TV app with FaceTime ScreenPlay, For that Both the users have active subscriptions for apple TV for the original content that you won’t share or Must be in your Region if your region is different.
Update your Device
SharePlay is available in a new quarterly software update, So keep your All the devices updated to use SharePlay & Share screen feature on FaceTime. Also, you will get Device specific bug fixes in the software update.
- Setings > General > Software update.
- Download and install pending software update.
If you are getting any trouble while doing software updates or Still having issues then Force restarts your device and try again.
Force Restart your Device
Some internal software issues and bug we can fix through hard reboot you Device, This is now time easy process to get out your device stuck in somewhere.
- For iPhone 8(Plus), iPhone X, or later: Quickly Press and Release the volume button and down button one by one and Only press and hold the Side Button until you see the Apple logo on the screen. Now, wait for you to get the lock screen. and check your issue is fixed or not.
- For Home Button iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and Hold Volume up button and Side button together until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- For iPhone 6S/6: Press and Hold Sleep-Wake button and Home button together until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Still, you have any issue that’s not covered in this tutorial then share in the comment below. We are looking for you to use FaceTime Shareplay smoothly on any apple device.