The latest iOS brings tones of changes to the Siri and its layout; previously, while using Siri, it covers up the entire display, even though you’re chatting or streaming videos. That time is long gone, when launching Siri, it appears on the bottom of the screen like an app icon, while the background interface won’t fade and will stay clear.
It’s unfortunate that Siri is still covering the screen even after updating the iPhone to latest iOS, usually, that happens due to a system glitch or you may have changed the settings by mistake. There are many possibilities behind such errors, don’t worry, in this article, we will show you how to fix Siri still showing in the full interface.
Siri Still in Full-Screen Mode Even After iOS Update
Solution 1: Disable Type to Siri
Type to Siri is helpful when you can’t speak on certain occasions like in Meetings, Hospitals, or in Public Places, and of course, Apple has added this ability, especially for physically challenged people. However, it has been found that when Type to Siri is enabled, Siri comes in full screen. If Type to Siri is of no use for you, then disable it.
- Navigate to the Settings App.
- Tap here on Accessibility.
What is Show Apps Behind Siri on iPhone? Enable it
Show Apps Behind Siri on iPhone allows Siri to operate while you’re watching a video or using any app, and most importantly it doesn’t hide the entire display, just the bottom part of the iPhone.
However, Apple has liberated a few settings on iOS 14, and one of them is you get to decide whether you wish to Show Apps Behind Siri or not. And if by mistake this option is disabled, Siri will take up the entire screen just like it does on iOS 13 or earlier; therefore, turn Show Apps Behind Siri on.
- Open the Settings App.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Swipe down to Siri, tap on it.
- In the end, turn on the Show Apps Behind Siri.
Solution 2: Force Restart iPhone
Meanwhile, if you haven’t restarted the iPhone in a long time, do it now, often, a simple restart fixes many problems on the iPhone like this. We’ve listed the method to force restart the iPhone; follow it depending upon the iPhone model you own.
For iPhone 8 or later or All No Home Button iPhone,
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo displays on the screen.
For iPhone 7/7Plus,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 6S and 6SPlus,
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Home button until the Apple logo shows up.
Solution 3: Reset All Settings
This will restore all the system settings like Apple Pay Cards, Home Screen Layout, Location Settings, and Privacy Settings to default or will be removed. Your personal data and media will remain as it is.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down and select Reset.
- Tap on the first option, Reset All Settings.
- Enter your iPhone Passcode and read the prompts and Reset it.
Solution 4: Update iPhone
If you’re near the Wi-Fi, then try and check for the software updates, it might be possible you’re using a buggy software version and Show Apps Behind Siri Not Working on iPhone.
- Launch the Settings App.
- Go to General.
- Select Software Update.
- Download and Install Software Update if available.
Hope you help this tip And Use the Unintruppted Siri feature on your iPhone with Latest iOS.