You’re trying to activate Siri as usual approach like the press and hold iPhone home button, but Siri doesn’t wake up, at that time your soul may be created a question, what my iPhone home button breaks down or what? Inherently, the non-techie person feeling upset due to such kind of glitch. But, many of iOS 12 users stated their issue on Apple support that says the Siri won’t hearing after update iOS 12 to iOS 13. Even your own iPhone Siri’s toggle is turned ON, but if you are feeling Siri doesn’t Wake up by pressing and holding iPhone Home button after iOS 12 update and Side/Power button in iOS 13. Keep relaxed, don’t worry.
Sometimes this kind of issue may be happened due to little bit settings change into the software. Let’s see what object is responsible for Siri Not working/ responding after update iOS. Also, give a kick off to Siri on Apple TV.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Before attempting the bottom steps, you should authenticate that the Siri is enabled. The trigger is off then turned it on and tried again.
Check out Siri Turned on under Siri & Search preferences
Enable hey Siri feature under the Siri & Search Settings, Go to the Settings App > Siri & Search > Enable Listen for Hey Siri toggle. and Also enable hey Siri from popup confirmation. if you have reset all settings earlier then you must enable Hey Siri on iPhone after that also follow on screen instructions to setup Siri on iPhone after reset.
here’s another option for Siri is Allow Siri When Locked, Some iOS/iPadOS users keeps this disable. After that then won’t use Siri on when iPhone/iPad is locked screen.
Go to Settings → Siri & Search → Make Sure Press Home for Siri on Home button iPhone/iPad and Press Side button for Siri on No Home Button iPhone/iPad turned toggle ON/Green.
Otherwise, go with the following ideas.
Siri is Restricted and Disabled under the Screen Time
some of the time Siri became culprit for the iOS device users, Because we can access any kind of data and information without unlock the phone using Siri comment. So Apple has been added Siri & Search under the Screen Time restrictions. So we can set the restriction under the allowed apps.
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone/iPad.
- Scroll to Screen Time.
- Next Click on Content & privacy Restrictions.
- Now, Tap on Allowed Apps.
- Enable Toggle of Siri & Dictation.
if there is not any kind of Software issues and disabilities that shutoff Siri functionality. still wait microphone of your device didn’t reach sound to Siri. because it’s blocked. follow the next solutions to fix Siri issues because of microphone not working.
Sometimes Siri doesn’t responds or Responding when speak loudly only. that means the problem with Microphone. Either microphone is blocked by case or cover, Screen protector or thin film that laminate your iPhone body. Remove External Accessories and try to use with alone iPhone only. Now Everything is fine and learn proper ways to use Siri feature.
Hey Siri Won’t Work on Below Circumstances
- Your iPhone is connected to WiFi or Turn on Mobile Data. Because Siri won’t work offline.
- Siri will not Activate or Work when low power mode is on. [Yellow Battey on iPhone’s Status bar]
- iPhone, iPad or iPod is Face Down and Far Way from you.
- iDevice cover close to body
- iPhone 6 or old iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch must connected with power source.
Fix Siri Not working after iOS 13/iOS 12 update on iPhone
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone.
- Next, Tap on Accessibility settings.
- Now, Tap on Side button, Scroll to Press and Hold to speak section.
- Here’s three options that we can use it on long press on Side/Power button. Either Not any action select off, Siri or Voice control.
- Here’s you select Siri, that most useful when Hey Siri command not work.
- Open up Settings App on your iPhone Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Hit on Accessibility then you will have to scroll down the screen then tap on Home button – under the Press and Hold to speak.
Step 4. Here you can see there are three option- Siri, Voice Control, and Off.
So make a checked mark next to the Siri.
A Caveat: If you select Off Option then – Siri will not reply/activate when you are pressing and holding the home button.
This just Apple has debuted for those users who don’t want to bell Siri by home button. In short, iOS 12 becomes a first software update that allows users to turn off the Home button to Siri feature cause of users also have an alternatively Assistive touch function to summons Siri.
Get perfect solution if You’ve owned Apple Watch Siri not working.
If you’ find a solution to fix Siri Not working after iOS 12 update,
The guide is useful for all iOS 12 supported devices including iPhone 5S/SE, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 7/ 7 plus, iPhone x, iPhone 8/8 Plus, and iPads.