Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Share your location via iMessage is easy between All iOS devices (iPhone/ iPad). Once you sent a request to your friend about your location that will continually track the current location and will be shown to receiver friends or family member at iMessage or Find Friend app. If you don’t want then disable it. Although you want no one can share even your current location to your friends via iMessage, that’s also possible using Disable/ Stop location share on the iMessage iOS app.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
By Turn off/ Stop location share on iMessage app, your friend will get “location not available” text popup on Map. In case if you experienced that, mind it your friend Enable “Stop sharing my location”.
Steps to Stop sharing Location in iMessage on Apple iPhone
- Step 1: Go to the Message app on iPhone/ iPad.
- Step 2: Swipe down the finger on the screen, you can see the search box for finding the Message conversation with a name.
- Step 3: Here I go for my Friend iMessage conversation “D Roy”.
- Step 4: Tap on it, Next Tap on “Details” at the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 5: If you see “Stop Sharing My Location” red text, means your device location share turn on for your friend.
- Step 6: Tap on “Stop Sharing My Location”.
Steps for Disable/ Stop location share on iMessage or Find Friend App
- #1 Go to the Setting app on the iPhone.
- #2 Next, Tap on Privacy option.
- #3 Then, Location Services > Disable Location Services (This option automatically stops for all app).
- Else Go to the “Share My Location > Disable Share My Location”. It will hide your device from your friend’s device.
Finally, See at the top on the iOS device status bar arrow icon should be disappeared. More Remove GPS triangle arrow icon in the iPhone status bar.
That’s it. Not the other option you need to check if you follow one of above two alternatives, for Disable/ Stop location share on iMessage in iPhone.
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏