Table of Contents Show
A social app like Instagram needs to be taken care of if you don’t, there are hundreds of hackers waiting for your account to misuse it or spread rumors using your name and profile. It is the only reason why Instagram is focusing on and enhancing security. And so one of the best ways to keep track of your Instagram account and login activities, there’s one option available in the settings of the Instagram, which lets you remotely log out Instagram from all devices on iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac, PC, and other devices.
If you forget to log out of Instagram on your friend’s or sibling’s phone, or from the old phone, this is how you can log out of Instagram remotely. Also, it is the easiest way to keep track of your Instagram account, as it shows the login activity with date, time, and location, together with a quick option to sign out of the device. Here’s how to do it.
How to Remove Devices Connected to Your Instagram Account
Way 1: Check Connected Devices & Log Out of All Devices [Past Login History]
It appears, Instagram lets you check the login activity, on which device you have been using Instagram along with the location. Let’s check that out and log out from the devices remotely. This trick works for Logout your Instagram account from the selected account only. Also Check Past Instagram login history from iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
From iOS App – iPhone/iPad,
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your profile icon, at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on (≡) Three-horizontal lines to access settings.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Security.
- Select Login activity.
- Now the list of devices will appear under the Where you’re logged in.
- If you find any unfamiliar device in which your Instagram is logged in, or after using Instagram on your friend’s or cousin’s phone and you forgot to logout, here’s a chance to logout remotely.
- Next to the Location and Device, tap on the three-dot icon.
- And select Log Out.
- The app will show Session logged out the card, from there you can change the password or skip by tapping OK.
If you are more if Mac person, then here’s the way to log out of Instagram remotely using Mac/PC.
- Open Instagram on any browser.
- Login to your Instagram account.
- Click on the profile icon.
- Next to Edit Profile, click on Gear Settings
- Select Login Activity.
- Now that you’ve a list of all the phones, PC, Tablets where you’ve used the Instagram, its quite easy to remotely log out within a second. Likewise, the location and the list of devices will appear, click on the down arrow, and click Log Out.
- To confirm, click OK.
Way 2: Change Instagram Password to Remotely Log Out of All Devices
On changing the password, your account will automatically be logged out from all the devices.
- Go to the Instagram
- Tap on the Profile icon on the lower-right corner.
- Tap on the (≡)hamburger icon on the upper-right side.
- Choose Settings.
- Tap Security.
- And go to Login activity.
- You’ll get to see the login activities with the maps.
- Under Was this you? The Map will be displayed, tap on This Wasn’t Me to log out from that device.
- Now you’ll be redirected to the change password screen.
- Enter the current Instagram password and then create a new password.
- Re-enter the new password.
- Submit the new password.
- The very next second after changing the Instagram password, all the devices will be logged out except the one you’ve used to change the password.
- Login to the Instagram profile.
- Click on the Profile icon.
- Select Settings next to the Edit Profile option.
- Click on Login Activity.
- On the Login Activity page, click on the This Wasn’t Me on the card to log out from the device.
- Select Change Password.
- Similarly, enter the current password.
- Then enter the new password and confirm the new password.