Last Updated on Dec 4, 2020
Tinder not showing in notifications on iPhone, isn’t this a heartbreaking situation? A dating app like Tinder is rare to find, hundreds of thousands of people nowadays using the Tinder app to find their match around the world. What if Tinder stops sending notifications on iPhone or the iPhone notifications not working, you won’t receive a push notification on iPhone whenever your date messages you. This is the current problem of many Tinder app users on the iPhone.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
In this troubleshooting we will show you how to fix can’t find Tinder in Notifications on iPhone and Tinder push notifications not working on iPhone.
How do I Fix Tinder Not Showing in Notifications on iPhone
Solution 1: Restart Your iPhone
If you can’t see Tinder Notifications on iPhone, the basic solution is to restart the iPhone and check if the push notifications of Tinder are working or not. Often a minor glitch or corrupted cache file causes notification issues on iPhone.
For iPhone 8 or later,
- Press and release the Volume Up button.
- Press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until Apple logo displays on a black screen.
For iPhone 7, 7Plus,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 6S Plus or earlier,
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button and release it when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Solution 2: Turn Tinder Push Notification From Tinder App Settings
All Social app has dedicated push notification settings for managing different types of notifications from the server end. Here are the push notification settings on the iPhone tinder app, same app settings are also available on android mobile.
- Open the Tinder app on iPhone and Tap on the Profile icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, Tap on the Settings option and Scroll to Push Notification settings.
- Turn on/Off Notification that you enable as of your requirements.
- That’s it.
Solution 3: Update Tinder App and iPhone
To save your time, before deleting the Tinder app, try to update the app as well as the system software to the latest version. Tinder’s developer, itself confirmed that sometimes, it may get stuck and stop working; but updating it to the latest version could fix the problem.
Alongside, update the iOS if you haven’t.
To update Tinder,
- Launch the App Store.
- On the top-right corner, tap on the Profile icon.
- Scroll down and locate Tinder, and if the Update tab is available, tap to start the update.
To update the iPhone,
- Go to the Settings
- Tap General
- Next select Software Update. [Your phone must be connected to Wi-Fi internet]
Solution 4: Delete and Re-install Tinder
If you can’t find Tinder in notifications settings on iPhone, you may need to uninstall and reinstall it, this is the proven method to fix app missing from notification settings on the iPhone. With the latest iOS 13, we have three different methods to delete the app from the iPhone. Check out each method and delete the Tinder app.
For iOS 13 Users,
Method 1: The OLD
- Find the Tinder app on Home Screen.
- Press and hold the Tinder App, until the app starts to jiggle.
Method 2: The New-I
- From the Home Screen, press and hold the Tinder App icon and when options appear, tap Delete.
Method 3: The New-II
- Press and hold the Tinder App icon and select Edit Home Screen. Now all the apps will start to jiggle, tap on Tinder and delete.
Method 4: From App Store
- Navigate to the App Store and tap on your Account.
- Locate Tinder and swipe left.
- The delete option will be displayed in red color, tap and confirm Delete.
For iOS 12 or earlier,
Press and hold the Tinder app and when the Applications on the home screen start jiggling, tap on the Tinder app to delete it.
To reinstall the Tinder app, open the App Store and make the search for Tinder. Now, the App Store will not show Get option, but an icon as shown in the screenshot will appear.
Note: While installing the Tinder app, make sure the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
Location Permission: Once the Tinder is re-installed on your iPhone, launch it. And give the Location permissions to receive matches from your nearby areas.
Notification Permission: If you have made mistake earlier while setting up Tinder and that’s why Tinder won’t send notifications on iPhone, then its time to fix the mistake. Here’s what you need to do, to receive notifications from Tinder.
Can I uninstall Tinder without losing matches?
Absolutely, NO, on the deleting the app from iPhone, you won’t lose any matches or messages or chats. But if you opt to delete the Tinder Account, then the entire account will be removed along with matches, chats and other things.
Can’t Delete Tinder App on iPhone
iPhone won’t delete apps? If you are not able to delete the Tinder app on iPhone, then make sure to remove restrictions from iPhone, refer the Apps won’t delete on iPhone article for a complete guide.
On a short note, you could check out how to remove restrictions from the settings app.
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap Screen Time.
- Select Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is enabled, then proceed to the next step.
- Go to iTunes & App Store Purchases.
- Open Deleting Apps and select Allow.
If the above steps don’t work, and still can’t uninstall apps on iPhone, then follow the Apps won’t delete on iPhone guideline.