🗓️ November 10, 2020 By ✍️ Jaysukh patelSince few days, many users can’t open the Gmail on Safari due to an awkward error message which says, about:invalid#zClosurez, when I encountered this error message on Safari, it took me quite long to fix. Luckily, you don’t have to try different tricks, as I’ll be mentioning the solutions that worked out for me as well as my readers. When you try to open Gmail in Safari, the error message appears in the URL section and won’t give you access to the Gmail account on the iPhone. Until and unless you fix the error, there is no way to send or receive emails on Gmail account if you prefer using Gmail on Safari.
Even though you try to access the Gmail Account on Outlook or Apple Mail, this error will continue to show, as most probably it is associated with your Gmail account. So get it fixed, try each solution listed below, and see if the problem is gone or not.
How to Fix Gmail about:invalid#zClosurez Issue on iPhone
Solution 1: Update iPhone
Updating the iPhone to the latest version is our priority and universal solution to every weird issue that we encounter in daily routine. If you keep the iPhone updated, minor glitches will automatically be fixed, so kindly check for the updates on iPhone.
- Go to the Settings App.
- Tap General.
- Choose Software Update
Solution 2: Force Reboot iPhone
What’s the first thing we should do when the iPhone or its apps start annoying us? It’s a restart. Same way, to fix Gmail’s weird error, rebooting the iPhone is suggested. If you already did this, before visiting our article, then move to the next step.
For the iPhone 8 or later/X Series/XR/Xs Max/11(Pro Max) & later,
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 7 and 7Plus,
- Press and hold the Volume down button and Power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 6S/6S Plus or earlier,
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until the display goes black and the Apple logo appears.
Now try to use Gmail on Safari, and see if the same error shows up or not. If it appears, then try the next tip.
Solution 3: Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
The simple restarts fail to fix the Gmail about:invalid#zClosurez Error then you must refresh the network of iPhone. And the easiest alternative to disconnect the iPhone from all types of network connections is to use the Airplane Mode.
When you turn Airplane Mode ON, the Cellular Network, Wi-Fi Connections, Bluetooth, GPS, etc. everything disables.
- To Enable Airplane Mode, bring the Control Center on the screen and tap on the Airplane Mode button.
- Open the Settings App > Airplane Mode, from here toggle the Airplane Mode ON.
Leave the iPhone in Airplane Mode for 2-3 minutes, and then disable the Airplane Mode.
Solution 4: Clear Captcha for Gmail Account
Up next recommendation to resolve the Gmail about:invalid#zClosurez error message is to verify and clear captcha for your Gmail account. Your mail client can show such errors when invalid attempts have been made to access the account, or the mail client is checking for emails frequently and maybe the Gmail password is weak.
However, to resolve the Captcha you have to visit the following links and clear captcha.
- For Normal Accounts, http://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
- For the G Suite Account, https://www.google.com/a/yourdomain.com/UnlockCaptcha , here replace the yourdomain.com with the domain name associated with Google Apps.
Solution 5: Close All Tabs and Safari App
Safari App can open around 500 tabs at once, that’s the limit for Safari App. You might be surprised or even happy to hear that, however, opening that much tabs at once, is really bad for iPhone performance.
If your Safari App has more tabs active at a time, kindly close them all as well as force close the Safari App.
- Open the Safari App.
- Touch and hold the tabs symbol at the far right side of the bottom.
- Choose Close All Tabs.
- Then, force Close the Safari App too.
- And Re-Launch to open Gmail.
Solution 6: Clear Cache & Cookies of Safari App
Clearing Cache and Cooking associated with the Safari app, can benefit you and eliminate the issue that you are facing while login to Gmail. There’s nothing to worry about, sometimes removing cookies and cache can smoothen up the app, and removed minor glitches too, that may have invaded your iPhone while surfing on the web.
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to the Safari App.
- Select Clear History and Website Data.
- That’s it. This will not Remove Saved Password [Auto fill login details on Safari] for the Website that you are accessing keychain.
Fix the issue with your mail app like Outgoing Email server failed on Mail App on iPhone, iPad.