🗓️ May 5, 2022 By ✍️ Jaysukh patelMany folks have to Airplay MacBook to Apple TV for various reasons, including giving Business Presentations, Watch Shows/Movies, or anything to enjoy on a bigger better screen. It doesn’t matter, you are connecting the MacBook to Apple TV for the first time but ending up with “could not connect to Apple TV”, there are many uses who are already using this ability of Mac, but getting could connect to Apple TV error, so, don’t panic its quite normal, even for the first time users and for those who frequently use Airplay.
This article will answer why won’t my MacBook Air connect to Apple TV or Airplay-related issues, with some tricks to fix them. Before you go, any further take a peek at quick tips and if it doesn’t help, move down to other solutions.
Could not connect with Apple TV MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac
- Connect Apple TV and MacBook to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Disable/Enable Airplay several times.
- Restart MacBook and Apple TV.
- Reboot Wi-Fi Modem/Router.
- Disable Bluetooth on Mac.
- Not to mention, but don’t try to Airplay more than one device at the same time.
Update Apple TV and MacBook
A software update can eliminate half of our issues. Therefore, make sure the Apple TV and MacBook are updated to the latest version.
On Apple TV,
- Go to the Settings of the Apple TV.
- Choose System.
- Then, Software Update > Update Software.
- Download and Install software updates, if available.
- macOS Mojave or later: Open the System Preferences and click Software Update.
- macOS High Sierra or earlier: Go to the Mac App Store and then click on Updates Lastly, click Update All. The latest update is MacOS 12 Monterey.
Check Internet Connectivity
When the error says, “could not connect to Apple TV” MacBook Pro; why not cross-check the Wi-Fi connection is live or stuck. Try playing YouTube video, this is the best alternative to verify the signal of internet connectivity.
On the other side, to Airplay MacBook with Apple TV, both Apple TV and MacBook must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
On your Apple TV,
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Select Network.
- There check the name of the Wi-Fi.
Likewise, click on the Wi-Fi icon on the top menu bar of the Mac and make sure the Wi-Fi network is the same.
Make Sure Show Mirroring Options in the top menu bar is Enabled
To Airplay MacBook on Apple TV, the screen mirroring options must be turned on. Here’s how to check and enable show mirroring options,
- Click on the Apple logo in the top menu bar.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Go to Displays.
- Check the box of, ‘Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.
Change Firewall Settings
If something is preventing the incoming connections between the Apple TV and MacBook, then this might be the following settings, as we mentioned below. Change the Firewall settings on the Mac, and check if Apple TV and MacBook are connecting or not.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Select the Firewall
- To make changes, click on the Lock icon and enter the admin password.
- Select the Firewall
- The checkbox of, ‘Automatically allow built-in software to receive incoming connections.
- Restart the MacBook or Mac.
Unable to Play Audio on Apple TV from MacBook via Airplay
Yes, it is possible to only Airplay audio to the Apple TV from MacBook Pro, Mac. For that, you may have to check the requirements listed below.
First of all, both Apple TV and Mac must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the System Preferences on your MacBook, Mac.
- Click Sound.
- Find Output? If yes, then select the Apple TV under the Output section.
Follow the troubleshooting given above, and share your response in the comment below. Hope you enjoy an error-free connection from Mac to TV.