Last Updated on Feb 23, 2021
Like any other Video Conferencing application, Webex is extremely fast, reliable, and packed with dozens of features that could help you collaborate with others. Video, Audio, Screen Presenting, and many other functions are available in the Webex. However, Webex is annoying its users like Webex not detecting Mac Camera, Audio breaking, and many more. We’ve prepared this detailed guide to deal with the MacBook Pro Camera not working issue during the Webex room.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Covering the basics to the advanced solutions, this troubleshooting will help you get rid of camera issues with the WebEx app. Let us know in comments which solution did fix your problem, it’ll help other readers to fix the issue.
Cisco WebEx Meeting Mac Camera Not Working
Is Webex Live?
Have you checked the Webex Status? If there’s an outage, Webex won’t work at all. Let the Webex Team fix the problem. Check the Webex Status to get the real-time details.
Check Camera Permission on MacBook Pro
In the System Preferences, Camera option, you’ll see all the applications that needs the MacBook Pro camera. From there, its easy to manage the applications to give or revoke access.
- Click on the Apple logo in the top menu bar.
- Select System Preferences.
- Go to Security & Privacy.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Locate the Camera, and click on it.
- On the main screen, you should see the list of applications that can access the Camera, make sure Webex is selected there.
Select Correct Camera in Webex
Webex no camera detected Mac; During the Video Conferencing, you have few options such as Mute, Stop Video with a dropdown. Click on the Stop Video button’s drop down and select the correct Camera from the list. If already selected, then re-select the Camera.
Rejoin the Meeting
Sometimes the software bug could not detect the MacBook Pro camera, in that case, leaving and re-joining the WebEx room is a right choice. Furthermore, you can ask or create yourself a new Room link, and share with your colleagues, see if that works.
Enable Hardware Acceleration on Chrome
If you’re using Google Chrome for Webex, then turn on the Hardware Acceleration to speed up the operations and graphics resolution. Though, the Google Chrome will consume more battery, but it might resolve the problem with Webex.
- Launch the Google Chrome on Mac.
- Enter chrome://settings/system to open the Settings on Mac.
- Turn On Use hardware acceleration when available.
Use Other Video Conferencing Apps
There are plethora of Video Conferencing apps and WebEx alternatives available to try, like Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, Hangout, etc. What I’m suggesting is, try using any of these app and see if the MacBook Pro camera working or not, if yes, then WebEx needs to be fixed.
Update MacBook, Mac
When it comes to MacOS, Apple didn’t provide any separate option to update the Camera Driver, First-Party Applications. To update the system features and apps, you’ll need to update the macOS. Connect the MacBook to the stable Wi-Fi and charger to prevent any issue.
- Click on the Apple icon > System Preferences.
- Select Software Update.
None of the workaround fixed the WebEx Camera problem with Mac, then the last option is to delete and reinstall the WebEx app on the Mac, MacBook Pro. Doing this will remove the corrupted temporary files that might affect the functionality of the WebEx.
Use Alternate Browser
This might be a temporary solution, if you’ve to attend important meeting but the Webex Camera not working, then try any other web browser such as Firefox, Safari, Opera, or see the list of best browsers for Mac.
Close Other Apps
Apps like FaceTime, Photo Booth, use the Camera and if for some reason, the MacBook’s camera is stuck with FaceTime or Photo Booth App, in such cases, force quit all the apps on Mac. Press the Option + Command + Escape and close all the apps from there.
Update Web Browser
Many users don’t prefer WebEx App, instead, they use the web version. If you belong to the same group, and can’t use the WebEx properly, then update the Web Browser.
To Update Google Chrome,
- Open the Chrome App > three-dots menu > Help > About Google Chrome.
To Update Firefox,
- Open Firefox App > three-dots menu > Help (question mark) > About Firefox.
To Update Microsoft Edge,
- Launch Edge App > three-dots menu > Help and feedback > About Microsoft Edge.
To Update Safari,
- Click on Apple icon > System Preferences > Software Update > Update Now.
Delete Web Extensions
Remove the unnecessary extensions from the Web Browser if you don’t need anymore, there is no meaning to keep and increase the load on the browser.
Delete Safari Extensions,
- Open Safari App > Safari (on top menu bar) > Preferences > Extensions.
Delete Chrome Extensions,
- Visit chrome://extensions/ in URL bar and delete the extensions.
Delete Firefox Extensions,
- Launch Firefox App > three-dots menu > Add-ons > b.
Delete Microsoft Extensions,
- Open Edge App and type edge://extensions/ and remove the Extensions.
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏