One of the prominent changes that Apple ever introduced is letting you add a widget on your iPhone’s lock screen. So, whether you’re listening to podcasts during the morning to coach yourself while cooking, from now on, you no longer need to navigate to the podcast app to change, play, pause, or mute Podcasts, as you can add its widgets to your iPhone’s lock screen. In this article, we’ll show you how to add a podcast widget to your iPhone.
How to Add Podcast Widget on iPhone Home Screen
Note: To Add and Use a Podcast Widget on iPhone, download the Podcast App on your device, otherwise Podcast Widget won’t appear.
Like other Widgets, Podcast Widget has the same procedure to add the podcast widget on the iPhone home screen on the iOS 14 or later.
- Unlock the iPhone.
- Tap and hold the empty space on the iPhone home screen to activate jiggle mode.
- Now, tap on the Plus button on the screen’s top-left corner.
- Scroll down and tap Podcast.
- Choose the type of Podcast Widget you like to set on your iPhone home screen.
- Tap Add Widget.
- You can position the Podcast Widget anywhere on the home screen if there’s enough space for it.
- Tap Done on the top-right corner to save changes.
How to add podcast widget on iPhone lock screen
Official iOS podcast app has only a home screen widget, to add a podcast on the lock screen, you should install a podcast alternative apps on your device. For example, I use Overcast to access podcasts on a lockscreen phone. Overcast has a few options for lock screen widgets. We wish that Apple would add a widget for the podcast app in future iOS update.
How to Remove the Podcast Widget from the iPhone Home screen?
It’s relatively easy to delete the Podcast Widget from the iPhone, not to mention, but the process to delete the widget is the same for all.
- Long press on Podcast Widget.
- Select Remove Widget.
- Tap Remove to confirm.