🗓️ December 3, 2020 By ✍️ Jaysukh patelHide apps or Games on the iPad is no longer easy on the latest iPadOS and iOS version on the iPad/iPhone. But here the three tricks that are acceptable and fulfill your requirements for the Games installed on your iPad. First is the Hide/Remove Game app icon from recently played and Showing on iPad Dock. Move Games into Folder, Enable Screen Time Restrictions for installed Games.
Are you worried about your child playing the game continuously on iPad and you don’t like this activity about your child. Not only for your kids but also useful for some security reasons you can hide the game app on iPad (iPad 2/ iPad 3/ iPad Air or iPad mini). Without any third-party application, you can hide the game app in an easy way. Here I explain with my iPad, But it’s also working on iPad running with the latest iPadOS version.
Steps For Hiding Game App on iPad: Disable Game icon Showing in the Home Screen, Dock
1: Hide Recently Played Game App From iPad Dock
First Way to Hide app on your iPad is iPad Dock. iPad Dock will show the recently used app on the iPad. Touch and Hold on App icon to Find the Option for “hide App”.
The Game app will remove from iPad dock’s Recent without Disable Recently from iPad Dock.
2: Hide Game App From iPad Home Screen
These tricks help from hiding your Games and app installed on your iPhone that is easy to find from the Large iPad home screen. Now we have to create a folder so all games and apps will be moved into Folder that is not easy to find from the iPad home screen.
- Go to the Home screen on the iPad that you want to move into a folder.
- Touch and Hold on the app icon to the Edit iPad screen. Select “Edit Home Screen“. All apps will be jiggle and Showing Cross mark on the App icon.
- Now, We can move, App using the finger, Swipe Game icon near to another app icon.
- Next, You have to overlay icon to another icon. A folder will create automatically. Also, change folder name.
- Now Both Game apps moved into Folder.
- That’s not easy to find for unknown person or your Family Member or Friend.
- That’s it.
3: Enable Restriction On Play Game on iPad Using Screen Time
On your iPad, we can enable screen time for apps and games installed on your iPad. Screen Time Restriction won’t play a game after the time limit. Here we can apply screen time for the selected games only from the settings app. Follow the below steps for Enable Screen Time Restrictions for installed games and Apps.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone > Tap on Screen Time > App Limits.
- Next, Tap on Add Limit and Expand the Games Category using the Expand Error next to Games name. Find All Games installed on your iPad and Select Games using the Radio buttons and Tap on Next.
- Now, Set the Time limit, Set Minimum time, 1 minute.
- Tap on Add to Apply Screen Time restrictions for the Selected Games only.
- Now, You can see on your iPad home screen, Games icon will see Screen time icon next to Game app name.
- That’s it.
Hope you Enjoyed! Different tricks to Hide or Restrict Games from iPad dock or Home screen.