Live Photo is one of the remarkable features. It firmly captures moments 1.5 seconds before the photos are captured and 1 second after the shoot. Additionally, you can select one Frame from multiple photos to make it a primary image. But how to select frames from live photos? That’s what we have mentioned in this guide extract still frames from a Live Photos.
How to Select a Frame From a Live Photo on iPhone and Mac computer
In this article, we will show a complete tutorial on how to select one Frame from the live photos.
How Do You Make A Key Frame In A Live Photo?
Before proceeding further, we let you know that this process only works with Live Photos. To ensure you are using live photos, check the upper left corner of the image you have opened. There you will Live dropdown.
- Open the Photos App.
- Select Albums from the bottom menu.
- Scroll down and choose Live Photos.
- Pick up the desired photo. And then tap on the Edit Button from the top right corner.
- Next, click on the Live Photo Icon from bottom right.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will encounter a timeline of the photo you have captured. Hit on White Box, and iOS will feature the tiny white box. This White box on the timeline is the current Frame of Live Photo.
- Now, touch and hold the white box and swipe it to the right or left on the timeline.
- Once you get to the desired Frame, lift a finger, and hit on Make Key Photo.
Next, you will see the Two White Dots; first refers to Orginal Frame, and the second is Key Frame. The Purpose of dots is to compare both Key Frame with Orginal Frame; for that, drag the slider the dots. If you find something different, select Done in the bottom right corner.
in iOS 15 and earlier Extract Still frame from a Live Photos
iOS 15 and earlier, Share sheet was redesigned and customized same like customizing control center, So what should you do to find duplicate photo settings, look the bottom steps.
Open a Live Picture in Photos App -> then click on the share sheet icon that you can get on the left-bottom on the screen -> now your phone show off you a new screen on it, you will have to scroll up the screen to find Duplicate tab to extract your selected Live picture still. Tap Duplicate -> two options will popup -> from them choose still.
Bonus Tip: How To Select A New Frame From A Live Photo on macOS
Apart from iPhone, you can also select the New Frame from live photos on macOS. And it’s pretty straightforward.
- Open the Photos App.
- Select Live from the left sidebar.
- Next, pick up the desired live photo from the array.
- Further, click Edit Button from the top right corner of the screen.
- Unlike the iOS device, you will see a timeline with a White Box at the bottom of the image. Click and hold White Box, and then drag it to left or right to get the desired Key Frame. As you move, you will see minor changes in the image.
- Once you get the desired Frame, click on Make Key Photo.
You will see two white dots, one for Orginal Frame and second for Key Frame. Compare both frames by dragging the slider between two dots. Once you finalize, select Done Button.
Technology lets you make the best out of it without any hassle. The iOS developers serve this purpose by simplifying the way to select the Frame from a live photo on iPhone. This article also lets you choose Frame from live photos on Mac. I hope so; you enjoyed this blog post.
How Do I See The Frames Of A Live Photo On My iPhone?
To see frames, navigate to the Photos App, and choose Albums from the bottom. Next, select the desired image, and then click on Edit Button. Now, click on Live Icon from the bottom right corner. Now, you will the Timeline with White Box. Drag the White Box to see various frames.
How Do I Save A Still Frame From A Live Photo?
To make a still frame from Live Photo, go to Photos App. Choose Albums, next scroll, and select Live Photos. Pick up the desired photo from list. Further click on Edit Button from right-top corner. Choose Live option from the bottom. Drag the White Box to left or right in timeline and get the best one; tap on Make Key Photo > Done.
Next, select Share Icon from top, and choose Duplicate. Further tap on Duplicate As Still Photo. That’s It!
How Do I Take A Frame From An iPhone Video?
There is no official way to make a frame from the iPhone video. But you can consider taking a screenshot if you mind the low-quality image.