The Notification is an important role to use iPhone easily. But somewhere it’s not working correctly on your iPhone. Here I will discuss all Notifications problems and troubleshooting in this tutorial. Check the below settings and re-fix all the notifications issues. in iOS 12 and Apple Watch’s WatchOS 5, iOS 12 Group Notification by the app on iPhone, Apple Watch.
- iOS 12 Group Notifications not working on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
Create App Wise Settings for All incoming notification showing on the lock screen of your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch.
Changed User interface in iOS 11 now confusing people about how to use new features and old options as well.
- 1 Here’s guide: iOS 11 Notifications Not working on iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X
- 2 #1. Check for Update and install
- 3 #2. Hard Reboot or Reset
- 4 #3. View, Clear all notifications in iOS 11/ iOS 12 on lockscreen
- 5 Notification Preview
- 6 Notifications Settings for individual App,
- 7 Mail Push Notification Enable/ Disable and Set Sound tone
- 8 Messages app notification not working on iPhone
- 9 Notification sound interval/ Disable Vibrate for Notification
- 10 LED Flash notifications not working on iOS 11
- 11 Related Posts:
Here’s guide: iOS 11 Notifications Not working on iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X
- Check for Update and install
- Hard Reboot or Reset
- View, Clear all notifications in iOS 11 on lockscreen
- Notifications Preview
- Notifications Settings for individual App,
- Mail Push Notifications Enable/ Disable and Set Sound tone
- Messages app notifications not working on iPhone
- Notifications sound interval/ Disable Vibrate for Notifications
- LED Flash notification not working in iOS 11
#1. Check for Update and install
The real problem in iOS, you should check for new update and be prepared for install new iOS 11.X version.
#2. Hard Reboot or Reset
I am recommending this for unable to view, Open or Dismiss Notifications on iPhone
For iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus users:
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,
- Press and Hold Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
To start iPhone, again press Side button until startup apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 6S and Earlier users: Sleep/Wake button + Home button at the same time
#3. View, Clear all notifications in iOS 11/ iOS 12 on lockscreen
View today’s notifications on the lock screen, just swipe finger bottom to top from center of the iPhone screen. Unfortunately, we didn’t clear all notifications that recently received. But clear all Notifications from Earlier today.
Open the app from the notifications bar: Slide finger left to right on a notification.
Instant View on the lock screen: Slide finger right to left and tap on View.
New Notification Preview settings, Turn off/Turn on Notification Previews on all in one tap: Go to the Settings > Notifications >
Show Previews >
Always [Never For Turn off or Disable].
Notifications Settings for individual App,
Go to the Settings App on iPhone, iPad > Notifications.
Next, See Notifications Style Settings,
Tap on App Name and See below settings and How to use
- Enable/Disable Allow Notifications for specific app,
Types of Alerts,
Show on Lock Screen: Notifications will display at a glance on the lock screen.
Show in History: This option is for display & Show in history.
Show as Banners: Banner notification is useful for reading text inside on lock screen or home screen.
Show Previews: Set it with three different options (Always, When Locked and Never).
Mail Push Notification Enable/ Disable and Set Sound tone
Disable/ Turn on Mail notification on New Mail, Settings > Notifications > Mail > Enable Allow Notifications, and Also Customize for all email accounts.
New Mail Notification sound: Change Mail notification sound, Under Settings > Sounds > New Mail > “Set another sound” or “None.”
Messages app notification not working on iPhone
In iOS 11, hide alerts for the individual conversation we can enable. Open Messages app > See List of Conversations > Slide Right to Left and Tap on Hiding Alerts.
Repeat above steps for Enable Messages notifications and alerts for the individual conversation on iOS 11 and later. Explore more tips and Alternate option for Show/Hide alerts on iPhone.
Notification sound interval/ Disable Vibrate for Notification
We can manage or Change Notification sound for individual apps like Text Tone, New Voicemail, New Mail, Sent Mail, Calendar Alerts, Reminder Alerts, AirDrop and more.
Go to the Settings > Sounds. Find the app and Change alert sound from default tone.
Also, we can mute or None, Notifications alert tone from the list of tones.
Get more tips on Notifications sound not working
LED Flash notifications not working on iOS 11
Go to the Settings > General > Accessibility > LED Flash for Alerts > Enable LED Flash for Alerts.
Next to this setting Also See options for Flash on Silent, Now you will notify via LED flash while on silent mode.
Above all are possible errors and Fix on your Notifications not working on iPhone running on iOS 12, iOS 11, iOS 11.0.1/iOS 11.0.2/iOS 11.0.3 or Later iOS 11.x.