Last Updated on Jun 3, 2021
Once any phone gets wet, it is very difficult to get that device in a function like before. I would like to suggest you whether it is an iPhone or iPad, keep it away from water damage. Rarely, water damages are considered under warranty and once if your iPhone is out of warranty, the repairing cost will empty your pocket in a second. Besides, if your iPhone XR won’t charge after an iOS update or touched in water and so getting wet and confused about what to do and what not to, then, first of all, follow this tutorial to get the problem fixed.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Unless it is a hardware problem all the below tricks can help you to fix iPhone XR won’t charge after getting wet. Hopefully, your iPhone will back in full working condition real soon.
NOTE: Before you proceed with any other tip, just try to dry the iPhone’s charging port using a hairdryer, keep some distance between a hairdryer and charging port as a safety precaution.
Keep in Mind: Apple iPhone XR is Water resistance [Rated IP67 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529], it is not a waterproof model so that you should avoid taking your phone at shower time.
in More, Apple Says “Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty.”
but don’t worry, in case you have mistakenly taken your phone at shower time and getting wet and then it won’t charge, kindly follow possible solutions, hope it would be work for you.
Ideas: What Should You do to Fix iPhone XR won’t charge after getting wet
Fix 1: Force Reboot Your iPhone XR
To make sure if iPhone XR won’t charge is happening due to a minor glitch or due to water, you should hard reboot the iPhone. Even it is helpful to refresh your entire iPhone in less than a minute.
- Step #1: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Step #2: Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Step #3: Press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Watch the video to hard reboot iPhone XR
Fix 2: Shut down and charge the iPhone XR
Another method to keep your iPhone charger is to power off the entire system and plug the charger in it. So when you shut down and charge the iPhone, not a single service will consume the battery and iPhone will get charged real quick. During day time you might not want to turn off the iPhone, but at night if you don’t use iPhone follow this method. Believe me, it will also improve the battery performance of the device.
- Step #1: Press and hold the Side button and either Volume button until POWER OFF screen appears.
- Step #2: Drag the slider to turn off the iPhone XR.
Get Here – Best iPhone XR battery Cases
Fix 3: Calibrate iPhone XR battery
It is similar to the above solution, only the process is different. If iPhone XR won’t charge after getting wet, then try to calibrate the battery. The word Calibrate seems awkward but it is quite simple. You don’t have to make any additional efforts or spend the time to try this trick. All you have to do is use the iPhone until the battery drains to 0% and charge the iPhone until 100%. In short, it will recalibrate the system and battery reading levels will start working accurately.
- Step #1: Use your iPhone until the battery drains to 0% and gets power off on its own.
- Step #2: Now, connect the charger with the iPhone and make sure to use original accessory for better results and let the iPhone charged to 100%. Don’t remove the charger until the battery reaches 100%.
- Step #3: Also don’t try to use the phone while in charge.
- Step #4: Once the iPhone is charged, unplug the charger and restart iPhone.
- Step #5: Again use the iPhone until it automatically gets switched off.
- Step #6: Once more follow the Step 1-5.
Fix 4: Update Software on your iPhone XR
By default, auto-update is enabled and if you have turned off auto-update in iPhone then it can harm the functionality of your iPhone. And the bitter truth is some of the minor bugs are easily fixed by just updating the iPhone. However, many people are unaware of this fact, but if you are the one who doesn’t like to update the iPhone, kindly change your criteria to improve the performance of the iPhone.
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “General”.
- Step #3: Swipe up to the bottom and select “Software Update”.
- Step #4: In case if the iPhone is not updated then tap on “Download & Install” when the pop-up appears.
Fix 5: Reset All Settings on your Apple XR Phone
If you are failed in all the above solutions to fix iPhone XR won’t charge after getting wet, then try to revert the settings of iPhone to default. It sounds irrelevant solution but it is helpful when such a crisis hits your device. All the customized settings that you have made in the iPhone will get reset to default.
- Step #1: Launch the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Navigate to “General”.
- Step #3: Locate and tap “Reset”.
- Step #4: Select “Reset All Settings”.
- Step #5: Enter the iPhone Passcode to confirm Reset All Settings.
- Step #6: The device will restart in a second.
Fix 6: Factory Reset iPhone
After this entire dramatic situation, we have the last solution for you, that is to restore the iPhone to factory settings. Factory reset will remove all the personal data from the iPhone along with clearing all the settings of iPhone to default. So if you don’t want to lose your personal data, don’t forget to take a fresh backup copy.
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “General”.
- Step #3: Tap “Reset”.
- Step #4: Choose “Erase All Content & Settings”.
- Step #5: Enter Your Phone un-lock screen Passcode and final tap on Erase iPhone
- Step #6: Tap “Erase iPhone”, when the pop-up appears.
Still, if your iPhone XR won’t charge after getting wet, then you should run towards the local Apple Store to get help from the technical team.
None of the above solutions worked, you should take your iPhone XR to the nearest Apple Store and ask them about why iPhone XR won’t charge.